Fun with K5D

  • Rick W
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2009
      The K5D Dxpedition has really been a great road test for my station.  I've had a ball.  My set-up with my Ten-Tec Orion, LP-PAN, CWSkimmer and N4PY software (for rig control) has made chasing this one a lot of fun!

      On SSB the dual receiver control and display in the PowerSDR panadaptor software enabled me to find the holes and grab the DX.  On CW the chaos on 20 metres was visual with the CWSkimmer software and I saw a bit of a pattern and finally slipped in my call.  The smooth interaction of ALL that software (N4PY, LP-Bridge, CWSkimmer and PowerSDR) and hardware (Ten-Tec Orion, LP-PAN, and an external sound card) was very satisfying!

      Anyway I just wanted to say thanks to Larry (N8LP), Scott (WU2X), Alex (VE3NEA) and Carl (N4PY) for helping increase the ham radio "fun-ratio" in my shack!

      73,

      Rick

      VE7TK

      Website: http://www3.telus.net/ve7tk