DXLabs Commander and Skimmer

  • nineback
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 8, 2009
      I use the DXLabs suite. Is there anyway that Skimmer can be interfaced
      with Commander (vice OmniRig) like DXAtlas is with DXView? There are
      alot of DXLabs users who would like to be able to interface Skimmer and
      Commander for rig control. Dave, AA6YQ, is very supportive of his
      DXLab suite of programs and would probably provide such an interface if
      possible.

      73,
      Tom
      KQ5S
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 8, 2009
        At 11:14 AM 2/8/2009, nineback wrote:
        >I use the DXLabs suite. Is there anyway that Skimmer can be interfaced
        >with Commander (vice OmniRig) like DXAtlas is with DXView? There are
        >alot of DXLabs users who would like to be able to interface Skimmer and
        >Commander for rig control. Dave, AA6YQ, is very supportive of his
        >DXLab suite of programs and would probably provide such an interface if
        >possible.

        Depends what you want to do exactly. You can get spots from Skimmer with
        virtually any logging software's Telnet client. If your rig is one that is
        controlled by OmniRig, then you can use RigSync by W2RF to enable you to
        click on a call or frequency on Skimmer and have it move your radio
        there. If you want to have both DXLabs and Skimmer talking to the same
        radio at the same time, then you need some sort of COM port
        splitter. Recent MicroHam interfaces allow two virtual serial ports per
        radio, and eterlogic makes a virtual serial port emulator that does the
        same thing in software - some people have reported good results with
        it. I'm sure there are other software splitters out there.

        73, Pete N4ZR
      • Tom
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 8, 2009
          Pete,
          Thanks for the reply. I do have microkeyer and am able to use the
          second CAT port. I was really wanting to use only one interface program
          and not have to load OmniRig as well. That is why I was hoping for an
          interface that would allow that.

          73,
          Tom