Re: BandMaster needed list

  • bert.hyman
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 7, 2009
      --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "hal_7351" <azagni@...> wrote:

      > Hi everybody,
      > does anybody (Alex surely!) knows where is stored the needed list?
      > It happens to me that some spots are marked in RED as if needed,
      > while they aren't. 1B1AB is always in red and I cannot un-mark,
      > OH0/ happens the same.

      I'm running BandMaster 1.3.

      If you mean the country list, it's in the install directory
      (C:\Program Files\Afreet\BandMaster on my system) and it's called
      "Adif.lst". It's updated via the Tools->DXCC Needed List menu selection.

      Entries look like this:

      001=+|VE|Canada
      003=-|YA|Afghanistan
      004=-|3B6|Agalega & St. Brandon
      005=+|OH0|Aland Is.
      006=+|KL|Alaska
      007=+|ZA|Albania

      Where the "+" means I have it, and the "-" means I need it.
    • hal_7351
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 9, 2009
        Hi Bert,
        thanks for the infos.
        I am using Band Master 1.42 and it seems to work differently.
        It has a Wkdadif.lst file that just contains the ADIF numbers of the
        needed countries.
        Cannot't find why 1B1 (Northen Cyprus) is needed when there is not
        even an ADIF number for it.

        All the best
        Alberto I2KBD

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 9, 2009
          Hi Alberto,

          The Wkdadif.lst and WkdIota.lst files are located in the Documents and
          Settings\<username>\Application Data\Afreet\UserData folder.

          Unfortunately, there is no way to add 1B1 to your DXCC Worked list, because
          Northern Cyprus does not count for DXCC and cannot be worked for this award.