BandMaster needed list

  • hal_7351
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 6, 2009
      Hi everybody,
      does anybody (Alex surely!) knows where is stored the needed list?
      It happens to me that some spots are marked in RED as if needed, while
      they aren't. 1B1AB is always in red and I cannot un-mark, OH0/ happens
      the same.

      All the best
      Alberto I2KBD
    • bert.hyman
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 7, 2009
        --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "hal_7351" <azagni@...> wrote:

        > Hi everybody,
        > does anybody (Alex surely!) knows where is stored the needed list?
        > It happens to me that some spots are marked in RED as if needed,
        > while they aren't. 1B1AB is always in red and I cannot un-mark,
        > OH0/ happens the same.

        I'm running BandMaster 1.3.

        If you mean the country list, it's in the install directory
        (C:\Program Files\Afreet\BandMaster on my system) and it's called
        "Adif.lst". It's updated via the Tools->DXCC Needed List menu selection.

        Entries look like this:

        001=+|VE|Canada
        003=-|YA|Afghanistan
        004=-|3B6|Agalega & St. Brandon
        005=+|OH0|Aland Is.
        006=+|KL|Alaska
        007=+|ZA|Albania

        Where the "+" means I have it, and the "-" means I need it.
      • hal_7351
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 9, 2009
          Hi Bert,
          thanks for the infos.
          I am using Band Master 1.42 and it seems to work differently.
          It has a Wkdadif.lst file that just contains the ADIF numbers of the
          needed countries.
          Cannot't find why 1B1 (Northen Cyprus) is needed when there is not
          even an ADIF number for it.

          All the best
          Alberto I2KBD

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 9, 2009
            Hi Alberto,

            The Wkdadif.lst and WkdIota.lst files are located in the Documents and
            Settings\<username>\Application Data\Afreet\UserData folder.

            Unfortunately, there is no way to add 1B1 to your DXCC Worked list, because
            Northern Cyprus does not count for DXCC and cannot be worked for this award.