Re: [dxatlas] CW Skimmer 1.4 problems

  • Ron Castro
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 18, 2009
      I just downloaded v 1.4 and it's running under Vista Ultimate with no problems that I can see so far.

      Ron N6IE
      www.N6IE.com

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 18, 2009
        Thanks Alex,

        I'm not at home at the moment but will look for this file tonight!! I
        tried removing Omni-Rig and Skimmer and doing a fresh install but
        still the same. I'm seriously looking at switching back to XP!!

        I'm using skimmer with a K3, LP-PAN and EMU-0202 USB soundcard.
        Another issue I've had from the beginning is that I cannot run
        skimmer without first running the PowerSDR software!!

        If I start the PC and go straight to skimmer, the display moves
        really slowly and I get no decodes. If I turn on the PowerSDR
        software first and then turn it off again and then start Skimmer all
        goes OK. Weird!

        Many thanks for the responses..

        David, VK2NU

        > Hi David,
        >
        > I am not sure what causes the problem. If there is a file called
        > Error(1.4.xxx).log in the CwSkimmer folder, please send me a copy.
        None of
        > my programs are officially supported on Vista. Even if the programs
        work on
        > this OS in most cases, there are situations like yours when they
        don't, and
        > there is very little I can do to diagnose and fix the problem. I
        was told
        > that Microsoft offers a free downgrade from Vista to XP - obviously
        a lot of
        > other software has difficulties running on this OS.
        >
        > 73 Alex VE3NEA

      • vk2nu
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 17, 2009
          FYI,

          For those interested, the few bugs I had running CW Skimmer under
          Vista have all been fixed. I bit the bullet, and downgraded to XP pro
          2, and all now works as advertised.

          I know some have reported running under Vista without any issues, but
          not in my case.

          I can now start Skimmer, without first having to manually start Omni-
          rig, and without first having to run another program to kick start my
          EMU-0202 soundcard.

          All is good (except for the 100 bucks I had to pay for XP).

          David, VK2NU