Re: [dxatlas] BandPlan.ini

  • hal_7351
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 4, 2009
      Hi Alex,
      thank you very much, and once again my compliments for one of the
      most useful pieces of software I use !

      All the best
      Alberto I2KBD / AB3IF

      > Hi Alberto,
      >
      > BandPlan.ini is in this folder: C:\Documents and
      > Settings\<username>\Application Data\Afreet\Reference
      >
      > 73 Alex VE3NEA

    • rdvrey
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 18, 2009
        Hi Alex,

        I tried to edit bandplan.ini and was successful for the 80M band. But
        when I tried to change the 40M is wasn't successful, the data dit not
        change in bandplan. I tried to set the end at 7200 for 40Mtr en
        reduced the end of 80Mtr at 3800
        Any clues?

        73,

        Robert PE1CWU

        --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "hal_7351" <azagni@...> wrote:

        > Hi Alex,
        > thank you very much, and once again my compliments for one of the
        > most useful pieces of software I use !
        >
        > All the best
        > Alberto I2KBD / AB3IF
        >

        > --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Alex, VE3NEA" <alshovk@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi Alberto,
        > >
        > > BandPlan.ini is in this folder: C:\Documents and
        > > Settings\<username>\Application Data\Afreet\Reference
        > >
        > > 73 Alex VE3NEA

      • rdvrey
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 18, 2009
          Hi Alex,

            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 18, 2009
              The one that I need is IARU region 1 but I tried this with several
              regions. I wasn't able to reduce the bandwidth in IARU REGION 2 for 40
              mtr as well.

              73,

              Robert

              > Hi Robert,
              >
              > Maybe you edited the wrong plan, not the one you have selected in Band
              > Master?

              > Hi Alex,
              >
              > I tried to edit bandplan.ini and was successful for the 80M band. But
              > when I tried to change the 40M is wasn't successful, the data dit not
              > change in bandplan. I tried to set the end at 7200 for 40Mtr en
              > reduced the end of 80Mtr at 3800
              > Any clues?
              >
              > 73,
              >
              > Robert PE1CWU

            • rdvrey
              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 18, 2009
                Hi Alex,

                example:
                [IARU Region 1]
                1810=CW
                1838=DIG,CW
                1840=DIG,PH,CW
                1842=PH,CW
                1880=END

                3500=CW-DX,CW-contest
                3510=CW-contest
                3560=CW
                3580=DIG,CW
                3600=DIG,PH-contest,CW
                3620=PH-contest,CW
                3650=PH,CW
                3700=PH-contest,CW
                3730=PH-contest,SSTV,CW
                3740=PH-contest,CW
                3775=PH-DX,PH-contest
                3800=END

                7000=CW
                7030=DIG,CW,SSTV
                7045=DIG,PH,CW
                7100=PH,CW
                7200=END

                73,

                Robert PE1CWU

                --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "rdvrey" <rdvrey@...> wrote:

                > The one that I need is IARU region 1 but I tried this with several
                > regions. I wasn't able to reduce the bandwidth in IARU REGION 2 for 40
                > mtr as well.
                >
                > 73,
                >
                > Robert
                >
                > --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Alex, VE3NEA" <alshovk@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi Robert,
                > >
                > > Maybe you edited the wrong plan, not the one you have selected in
                Band
                > > Master?
                > >
                > > 73 Alex VE3NEA

              • rdvrey
                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 18, 2009
                  Hi Alex,

                  In fact if I look at the values in the 40 mtr band where it changes
                  from cw into dig,cw and into PH,CW I cannot find the frequency values
                  back in bandplan.ini ?
                  What am I doing wrong?

                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 18, 2009
                    Robert ,

                    I loaded your bandplan in Band Master, and it worked exactly as you defined
                    it - the 40 m band ended at 7200. Make sure that you are not editing the old
                    bandplan.ini file in the BandMaster folder, that file is no longer used.

                    Message 9 of 15 , Feb 18, 2009
                      Alex,

                      I may well have asked this before but have forgotten the answer.
                      CWSkimmer - Is it possible to change between the two radios I have set up
                      in Skimmer from an external source/signal and if so how is it done please?
                      Changeover between my two rigs is by using an MK2R+ and a control signal
                      sent from Logger32 so how do I get Skimmer to follow please?

                      73 de Geoff
                      G3NPA
                      Geoff.Anderson@...

                      > I loaded your bandplan in Band Master, and it worked exactly as you
                      > defined
                      > it - the 40 m band ended at 7200. Make sure that you are not editing the
                      > old
                      > bandplan.ini file in the BandMaster folder, that file is no longer used.

                    • rdvrey
                      Message 10 of 15 , Feb 18, 2009
                        Hi Alex,

                        Yep you are right.

                        thanks,

                        Robert PE1CWU

                        Message 11 of 15 , Feb 18, 2009
                          Hi Geoff,

                          You can do this only via the Settings dialog.

                          > I may well have asked this before but have forgotten the answer.
                          > CWSkimmer - Is it possible to change between the two radios I have set up
                          > in Skimmer from an external source/signal and if so how is it done please?
                          > Changeover between my two rigs is by using an MK2R+ and a control signal
                          > sent from Logger32 so how do I get Skimmer to follow please?
                          >
                          > 73 de Geoff
                          > G3NPA
                          > Geoff.Anderson@...

                        • Geoff Anderson
                          Message 12 of 15 , Feb 18, 2009
                            Hi Alex

                            So when are you going to add the much needed facility then? :-)

                            I would have thought that the avid DXer and SO2R operator would have wanted
                            this. Also it would be nice for those using the 3KHz option to have
                            separated left and right channel outputs or at least have the option of
                            setting which channel to have the output fed to the soundcard

                            Something for you to think about..

                            73 de Geoff
                            G3NPA
                            Geoff.Anderson@...

                            > You can do this only via the Settings dialog.

                            >>> 1838=DIG,CW
                            >>> 1840=DIG,PH,CW
                            >>> 1842=PH,CW
                            >>> 1880=END
                            >>>
                            >>> 3500=CW-DX,CW-contest
                            >>> 3510=CW-contest
                            >>> 3560=CW
                            >>> 3580=DIG,CW
                            >>> 3600=DIG,PH-contest,CW
                            >>> 3620=PH-contest,CW
                            >>> 3650=PH,CW
                            >>> 3700=PH-contest,CW
                            >>> 3730=PH-contest,SSTV,CW
                            >>> 3740=PH-contest,CW
                            >>> 3775=PH-DX,PH-contest
                            >>> 3800=END
                            >>>
                            >>> 7000=CW
                            >>> 7030=DIG,CW,SSTV
                            >>> 7045=DIG,PH,CW
                            >>> 7100=PH,CW

                            Message 13 of 15 , Feb 19, 2009
                              As a possible workaround -- my Skimmer is on a separate computer on my
                              wireless network, so I use the SKIMMER/QSY command to change bands with the
                              SDR-IQ receiver, and program those commands in the Telnet window of my
                              logging software. The button labeled SK 40 sends my SDR-IQ to 7036. That
                              doesn't QSY the antenna Skimmer uses, of course, but my normal operating
                              approach is to run Skimmer off the RX antenna of my second radio (behind
                              its bandpass filters as well).

                              I don't think Skimmer will change the center frequency in SoftRock mode, in
                              response to a Skimmer/QSY command - just the main decoder frequency. Do I
                              have that right, Alex?

                              Does the world need a new piece of software that will listen to your
                              Ethernet network, recognize various control signals and mediate between
                              them, then control user-configured "boxes" such as radios, band decoders,
                              etc.? I'm sure it would be pretty elaborate, and might not even be
                              possible without additional hardware.

                              73, Pete N4ZR