BandPlan.ini

  • hal_7351
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 3, 2009
      Hi All,
      I have installed Band Master that is working great!
      I need to edit the band plan (we have a new 40m allocation) , but I
      cannot find anywhere the BandPlan.ini file.
      What am I missing?

      Best regards
      Alberto I2KBD / AB3IF
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 3, 2009
        Hi Alberto,

        BandPlan.ini is in this folder: C:\Documents and
        Settings\<username>\Application Data\Afreet\Reference

        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 4, 2009
          Hi Alex,
          thank you very much, and once again my compliments for one of the
          most useful pieces of software I use !

          All the best
          Alberto I2KBD / AB3IF

          > Hi Alberto,
          >
          > BandPlan.ini is in this folder: C:\Documents and
          > Settings\<username>\Application Data\Afreet\Reference
          >
          > 73 Alex VE3NEA

        • rdvrey
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 18, 2009
            Hi Alex,

            I tried to edit bandplan.ini and was successful for the 80M band. But
            when I tried to change the 40M is wasn't successful, the data dit not
            change in bandplan. I tried to set the end at 7200 for 40Mtr en
            reduced the end of 80Mtr at 3800
            Any clues?

            73,

            Robert PE1CWU

            --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "hal_7351" <azagni@...> wrote:

            > Hi Alex,
            > thank you very much, and once again my compliments for one of the
            > most useful pieces of software I use !
            >
            > All the best
            > Alberto I2KBD / AB3IF
            >

            > --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Alex, VE3NEA" <alshovk@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Alberto,
            > >
            > > BandPlan.ini is in this folder: C:\Documents and
            > > Settings\<username>\Application Data\Afreet\Reference
            > >
            > > 73 Alex VE3NEA

          • rdvrey
            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 18, 2009

                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 18, 2009
                  The one that I need is IARU region 1 but I tried this with several
                  regions. I wasn't able to reduce the bandwidth in IARU REGION 2 for 40
                  mtr as well.

                  73,

                  Robert

                  > Hi Robert,
                  >
                  > Maybe you edited the wrong plan, not the one you have selected in Band
                  > Master?

                  > Hi Alex,
                  >
                  > I tried to edit bandplan.ini and was successful for the 80M band. But
                  > when I tried to change the 40M is wasn't successful, the data dit not
                  > change in bandplan. I tried to set the end at 7200 for 40Mtr en
                  > reduced the end of 80Mtr at 3800
                  > Any clues?
                  >
                  > 73,
                  >
                  > Robert PE1CWU

                • rdvrey
                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 18, 2009
                    Hi Alex,

                    example:
                    [IARU Region 1]
                    1810=CW
                    1838=DIG,CW
                    1840=DIG,PH,CW
                    1842=PH,CW
                    1880=END

                    3500=CW-DX,CW-contest
                    3510=CW-contest
                    3560=CW
                    3580=DIG,CW
                    3600=DIG,PH-contest,CW
                    3620=PH-contest,CW
                    3650=PH,CW
                    3700=PH-contest,CW
                    3730=PH-contest,SSTV,CW
                    3740=PH-contest,CW
                    3775=PH-DX,PH-contest
                    3800=END

                    7000=CW
                    7030=DIG,CW,SSTV
                    7045=DIG,PH,CW
                    7100=PH,CW
                    7200=END

                    73,

                    Robert PE1CWU

                    --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "rdvrey" <rdvrey@...> wrote:

                    > The one that I need is IARU region 1 but I tried this with several
                    > regions. I wasn't able to reduce the bandwidth in IARU REGION 2 for 40
                    > mtr as well.
                    >
                    > 73,
                    >
                    > Robert
                    >
                    > --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Alex, VE3NEA" <alshovk@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hi Robert,
                    > >
                    > > Maybe you edited the wrong plan, not the one you have selected in
                    Band
                    > > Master?
                    > >
                    > > 73 Alex VE3NEA

                  • rdvrey
                    Message 9 of 15 , Feb 18, 2009
                      Hi Alex,

                      In fact if I look at the values in the 40 mtr band where it changes
                      from cw into dig,cw and into PH,CW I cannot find the frequency values
                      back in bandplan.ini ?
                      What am I doing wrong?

                      Message 10 of 15 , Feb 18, 2009
                        Robert ,

                        I loaded your bandplan in Band Master, and it worked exactly as you defined
                        it - the 40 m band ended at 7200. Make sure that you are not editing the old
                        bandplan.ini file in the BandMaster folder, that file is no longer used.

                        Message 11 of 15 , Feb 18, 2009
                          Alex,

                          I may well have asked this before but have forgotten the answer.
                          CWSkimmer - Is it possible to change between the two radios I have set up
                          in Skimmer from an external source/signal and if so how is it done please?
                          Changeover between my two rigs is by using an MK2R+ and a control signal
                          sent from Logger32 so how do I get Skimmer to follow please?

                          73 de Geoff
                          G3NPA
                          Geoff.Anderson@...

                          > I loaded your bandplan in Band Master, and it worked exactly as you
                          > defined
                          > it - the 40 m band ended at 7200. Make sure that you are not editing the
                          > old
                          > bandplan.ini file in the BandMaster folder, that file is no longer used.

                        • rdvrey
                          Message 12 of 15 , Feb 18, 2009
                            Hi Alex,

                            Yep you are right.

                            thanks,

                            Robert PE1CWU

                            Message 13 of 15 , Feb 18, 2009
                              Hi Geoff,

                              You can do this only via the Settings dialog.

                              > I may well have asked this before but have forgotten the answer.
                              > CWSkimmer - Is it possible to change between the two radios I have set up
                              > in Skimmer from an external source/signal and if so how is it done please?
                              > Changeover between my two rigs is by using an MK2R+ and a control signal
                              > sent from Logger32 so how do I get Skimmer to follow please?
                              >
                              > 73 de Geoff
                              > G3NPA
                              > Geoff.Anderson@...

                            • Geoff Anderson
                              Message 14 of 15 , Feb 18, 2009
                                Hi Alex

                                So when are you going to add the much needed facility then? :-)

                                I would have thought that the avid DXer and SO2R operator would have wanted
                                this. Also it would be nice for those using the 3KHz option to have
                                separated left and right channel outputs or at least have the option of
                                setting which channel to have the output fed to the soundcard

                                Something for you to think about..

                                73 de Geoff
                                G3NPA
                                Geoff.Anderson@...

                                > You can do this only via the Settings dialog.

                                >>> 1838=DIG,CW
                                >>> 1840=DIG,PH,CW
                                >>> 1842=PH,CW
                                >>> 1880=END
                                >>>
                                >>> 3500=CW-DX,CW-contest
                                >>> 3510=CW-contest
                                >>> 3560=CW
                                >>> 3580=DIG,CW
                                >>> 3600=DIG,PH-contest,CW
                                >>> 3620=PH-contest,CW
                                >>> 3650=PH,CW
                                >>> 3700=PH-contest,CW
                                >>> 3730=PH-contest,SSTV,CW
                                >>> 3740=PH-contest,CW
                                >>> 3775=PH-DX,PH-contest
                                >>> 3800=END
                                >>>
                                >>> 7000=CW
                                >>> 7030=DIG,CW,SSTV
                                >>> 7045=DIG,PH,CW
                                >>> 7100=PH,CW

                                Message 15 of 15 , Feb 19, 2009
                                  As a possible workaround -- my Skimmer is on a separate computer on my
                                  wireless network, so I use the SKIMMER/QSY command to change bands with the
                                  SDR-IQ receiver, and program those commands in the Telnet window of my
                                  logging software. The button labeled SK 40 sends my SDR-IQ to 7036. That
                                  doesn't QSY the antenna Skimmer uses, of course, but my normal operating
                                  approach is to run Skimmer off the RX antenna of my second radio (behind
                                  its bandpass filters as well).

                                  I don't think Skimmer will change the center frequency in SoftRock mode, in
                                  response to a Skimmer/QSY command - just the main decoder frequency. Do I
                                  have that right, Alex?

                                  Does the world need a new piece of software that will listen to your
                                  Ethernet network, recognize various control signals and mediate between
                                  them, then control user-configured "boxes" such as radios, band decoders,
                                  etc.? I'm sure it would be pretty elaborate, and might not even be
                                  possible without additional hardware.

                                  73, Pete N4ZR