Bandmaster suggestion...

  • martinbradford2001
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 23, 2008
      I've finally diagnosed a strange behaviour with Bandmaster that has
      been puzzling me for ages. Sometimes when I click on a spot, it tunes
      almost to the right frequency, but not exactly - then I have to click
      on it again and it goes to the exact frequency! The light finally
      dawned this morning when I was doing some CW on 30m and clicked on a
      spot for a station on 20m - sure enough Bandmaster took me to almost
      the right frequency - in fact it took me to 700Hz low of the right
      frequency - my CW sidetone frequency.

      I ran some more tests and confirmed it - like a lot of modern rigs,
      my FT-2000's default behaviour when switching modes it to adjust the
      displayed frequency to compensate for the carrier offset between the
      two modes. If I manually switched to USB while still on 30m, then
      select the 20m SSB spot in Bandmaster, it tunes me to the specified
      frequency.

      Any chance of an option to correct this in a future release? I was
      thinking that the solution was as simple as reversing the order of
      the commands to the radio, but that may not be quite right either on
      rigs with band-stacking registers - it would effectively set my
      default mode on 30m to SSB which could be irritating as well.
      Probably necessary to send the frequency change twice with the mode
      change in between - first one gets the band right, then the second
      one gets the frequency right following the mode change...

      Martin (G8FXC)