Re: [dxatlas] Bandmaster bug under Vista?

  • martinbradford2001
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 11, 2008
      --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "John T. Fleming" <john@...>
      wrote:

      > Martin,
      >

      > I don't know if this is the problem, but Vista has strict rules
      like UNIX
      > about writing to the Program Files area. As a work around to make
      Vista
      > seem compatible with older programs, Vista uses Virtual Store which
      is in
      > the USER area. The easiest way to find the file related to a
      program that
      > violates this rule is to go to the folder with the program in it.
      At the
      > top of the file listing window is a button labeled "compatibility
      files" or
      > something similar. Click on that button and it will take you to
      the folder
      > with the files. That may be why it does not seem to commit it to
      disk. I
      > don't run Bandmaster, but this may help you resolve the problem.
      >

      > 73,
      >
      > John

      You're quite right - the Bandmaster config file is there in the
      compatibility files area - that would explain why my attempts at
      manually updating were failing - till I set the program to run with
      administrative rights. As separately reported, the same bug seems to
      exist in 1.41 under XP, so it cannot be a Vista problem - sure Alex
      will fix it soon - he is usually responsive...

      Martin (G8FXC)