Re: [dxatlas] Bandmaster bug under Vista?

  • Bob Williams
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 10, 2008
      It's not just Vista. I run XP pro service pack 3 I recently upgraded
      to Bamd Master 1.41 and now have the same problem.
      Bob G1BCZ

      --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "John T. Fleming" <john@...>
      wrote:

      > Martin,
      >

      > I don't know if this is the problem, but Vista has strict rules
      like UNIX
      > about writing to the Program Files area. As a work around to make
      Vista
      > seem compatible with older programs, Vista uses Virtual Store which
      is in
      > the USER area. The easiest way to find the file related to a
      program that
      > violates this rule is to go to the folder with the program in it.
      At the

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 11, 2008
        wrote:

        > Martin,
        >

        > I don't know if this is the problem, but Vista has strict rules
        like UNIX
        > about writing to the Program Files area. As a work around to make
        Vista
        > seem compatible with older programs, Vista uses Virtual Store which
        is in
        > the USER area. The easiest way to find the file related to a
        program that
        > violates this rule is to go to the folder with the program in it.
        At the
        > top of the file listing window is a button labeled "compatibility
        files" or
        > something similar. Click on that button and it will take you to
        the folder
        > with the files. That may be why it does not seem to commit it to
        disk. I
        > don't run Bandmaster, but this may help you resolve the problem.
        >

        > 73,
        >
        > John

        You're quite right - the Bandmaster config file is there in the
        compatibility files area - that would explain why my attempts at
        manually updating were failing - till I set the program to run with
        administrative rights. As separately reported, the same bug seems to
        exist in 1.41 under XP, so it cannot be a Vista problem - sure Alex
        will fix it soon - he is usually responsive...

        Martin (G8FXC)