Re: CW Skimmer & Perseus on VISTA

  • Graham
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 5, 2008
      Hi Ron. That brought quite a smile here :-D I bought a new laptop
      early this year and it's fair to say it was a VISA laptop!

      It's an idea to send an email direct to Alex for these support-type
      questions - I've found he responds very quickly.

      73 de Graham G3ZOD

      --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Ron" <ronc@...> wrote:
      > In the above message, I mean "VISTA", not VISA. My VISA card was
      > sitting in front of me since I had just registered CW Skimmer!
      >
      > --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Ron" <ronc@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I recently purchased a Perseus SDR and want to run CW Skimmer
      with it
      > > on my VISA laptop, but this has proven to be a very frustrating
      > > problem, even after an hour on the phone with Bob N6TV. Are
      there any
      > > plans in the future to make CW Skimmer directly compatible with
      the
      > > Perseus, and will CW Skimmer ever be "officially" supported by
      VISA?
    • Ron Castro
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 5, 2008
        That sounds like a good idea. I did manage to get it working in 96 kbps, but I found that the frequency calibrations were were wrong. I had settings set right and line in Rate Monkey set right, and on the center frequency, it was right on, but I found that as moved by signal generator up the band by 10 kHz, the calibrations showed it moved 20 kHz. Every QSY showed double the actual amount!

        At least I'm making some progress!

        Ron N6IE
        www.N6IE.com