CW Skimmer & Perseus on VISTA

  • Ron
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 4, 2008
      I recently purchased a Perseus SDR and want to run CW Skimmer with it
      on my VISA laptop, but this has proven to be a very frustrating
      problem, even after an hour on the phone with Bob N6TV. Are there any
      plans in the future to make CW Skimmer directly compatible with the
      Perseus, and will CW Skimmer ever be "officially" supported by VISA?

      Ron N6IE
    • Ron
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2008
        In the above message, I mean "VISTA", not VISA. My VISA card was
        sitting in front of me since I had just registered CW Skimmer!

        --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Ron" <ronc@...> wrote:

        > I recently purchased a Perseus SDR and want to run CW Skimmer with it
        > on my VISA laptop, but this has proven to be a very frustrating
        > problem, even after an hour on the phone with Bob N6TV. Are there any
        > plans in the future to make CW Skimmer directly compatible with the
        > Perseus, and will CW Skimmer ever be "officially" supported by VISA?
        >
        > Ron N6IE

      • Graham
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 5, 2008
          Hi Ron. That brought quite a smile here :-D I bought a new laptop
          early this year and it's fair to say it was a VISA laptop!

          It's an idea to send an email direct to Alex for these support-type
          questions - I've found he responds very quickly.

          73 de Graham G3ZOD

          --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Ron" <ronc@...> wrote:
          > In the above message, I mean "VISTA", not VISA. My VISA card was
          > sitting in front of me since I had just registered CW Skimmer!
          >
          > --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Ron" <ronc@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I recently purchased a Perseus SDR and want to run CW Skimmer
          with it
          > > on my VISA laptop, but this has proven to be a very frustrating
          > > problem, even after an hour on the phone with Bob N6TV. Are
          there any
          > > plans in the future to make CW Skimmer directly compatible with
          the
          > > Perseus, and will CW Skimmer ever be "officially" supported by
          VISA?
        • Ron Castro
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 5, 2008
            That sounds like a good idea. I did manage to get it working in 96 kbps, but I found that the frequency calibrations were were wrong. I had settings set right and line in Rate Monkey set right, and on the center frequency, it was right on, but I found that as moved by signal generator up the band by 10 kHz, the calibrations showed it moved 20 kHz. Every QSY showed double the actual amount!

            At least I'm making some progress!

            Ron N6IE
            www.N6IE.com