Faros + SDR?

  • Dave Baxter
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 17, 2008
      Hi...

      Anyone using one of these....
      http://www.golddredgervideo.com/wb5rvz/Home.htm
      (Softrock Lite V8.3)

      With Faros for multi band monitoring?

      Yes, I know either a modified soundcard or LO controling PIC would be
      needed, as well as some OmniRig and interface creativity.

      A good idea, or dead duck?

      73.

      Dave G0WBX.
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 17, 2008
        Not sure what it would take to use with Faros but I do have one of the
        Softrock V8.3 receivers and they work absolutely
        GREAT! Probably would just have to do some programming to scan the
        frequencies as the Si570 sets the center frequency for the LO just by
        telling it to do so. You would want to offset the actual center freq a
        few KHz so that the LO signal does not interfere with the actual
        reception freq. The guys on the Yahoo list 'Softrock40' I am sure
        could lead you to a pathway to make whatever mods were needed.

        Bruce, K2BET