Heads Up - VOACAP Latest Version May Not Work with HamCap

  • Eric - VE3GSI
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 15, 2008
      Alex/Gang

      Today I reinstalled HamCap v.1.5 on a newly rebuilt XP Pro computer. I went
      to the Greg-Hand website and download and installed the latest version of
      VOACAP v.08.1023 and found on my new computer this version was not detected
      by HamCap. I noticed that the new file download size is a little smaller
      than the previous versions.

      It looks like the latest version of VOACAP that will still work with HamCap
      is v.08.0410 (itshfbc_080410.exe dated: 10-Apr-2008)

      Eric - Ve3gsi

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 15, 2008
        Hi Eric,

        The VOACAP installer is supposed to place the following key in the Registry:

        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ITS
        HF Propagation\UninstallString

        HamCap uses this key to find VOACAP. If the key is missing, add it to the
        Registry manually, its value should be the path to VOACAP.