RE: [dxatlas] CW Skimmer / SDR-IQ "stopping" abnormally

  • Edward Russell
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 13, 2008
      Adam,

      The latest version of the ActiveX control has automatic recovery from stops.
      Please double-check that it is installed and registered properly. I have
      never seen it stop but it is possible that under certain conditions, or
      perhaps with 1.3 Skimmer you have hit something not seen before. My last
      automatic recovery tests were done with 1.2. I am out of town so won't be
      able to rerun the tests until late this month. Let me know how things
      progress.

      73 Ed W2RF

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 13, 2008
        Ed,

        Could it be possible I have an out-of-date version of your library?
        Windows reported version 1.1.0.0 (downloaded it through the link in
        the CW Skimmer help file) I did unregister / reboot / reregister /
        reboot / start skimmer before I left to come to work. I'll keep an eye
        on it and see if it stops again.

        Adam

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 13, 2008
          Ed, 1.3 runs fine here for days and days with SDR-IQ.

          73, Pete

        • wd5eae
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 13, 2008
            Adam,

            I had the same problem on a pair of HP AMD computers. Purchased about
            5 months ago with Vista on them. Loaded Skimmer 1.2 and sdrIQx v 1.1.
            Skimmer would stop minutes to hours later (usually minutes). Tried
            running Skimmer on both Vista and WinXP Pro/SP2 and it behaved the
            same. Tried standard O/S installations and tweaked installations to
            remove as much CPU activity as possible. It didn't matter. I
            subsequently moved those computers out and moved another one in.

            Stephen
            WD5EAE
            www.wd5eae.org

            --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Adam Fast" <adamfast@...>