Re: [dxatlas] Is CW Skimmer twins?

  • Graham
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 11, 2008
      My experience is different - I get TWO processes
      entitled "CwSkimmer.exe" in Task Manager. I've always suspected this
      might be because one is running Omni Rig and the other (larger) is CW
      Skimmer itself, but I don't know for sure.

      This is on Windows XP SP3.

      73 de Graham G3ZOD

      --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Frank LaFranco"
      <flafranco@...> wrote:

      > Hi Pete,
      > When I run CW Skimmer it reports 7% CPU usage. Windows Task
      Manager reports 1 instance of CW Skimmer and the CPU usage bounces
      between 8 and 12%

      > Computer uses Intel dual core 2.66 Gig processor and Windows XP.
      >
      > 73,
      > Frank - W6NEK

      Manager

      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 11, 2008
        I show Omnirig as a separate process in Task Manager - which, come to think
        of it, is pretty odd, because I set both radios to "none" on the CAT tab -
        why should it be running at all?

        So far, everyone has reported two processes except Frank - I think he may
        have been looking at the Applications tab instead.

        73, Pete N4ZR