RE: [dxatlas] Is CW Skimmer twins?

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 11, 2008
      Many thanks for the link Pete

      Kind Regards

      Chris

      _____

      From: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com]
      On Behalf Of Pete Smith
      Sent: 11 November 2008 21:46
      To: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [dxatlas] Is CW Skimmer twins?

      At 04:20 PM 11/11/2008, you wrote:
      >OK Pete.I hadn't noticed PE was so hungry.and I hadn't noticed the
      >bit-slipping in the USB data stream because I'm only running Skimmer in
      3kHz
      >mode!!! I'm so envious of your SDR-IQ, ha ha.
      >

      >Do you have a weblink to download PRIO from?

      Try PRIO
      (<http://www.prnwatch <http://www.prnwatch.com/prio.html>
      .com/prio.html>http://www.prnwatch <http://www.prnwatch.com/prio.html>
      .com/prio.html)

      73, Pete

    • Graham
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 11, 2008
        My experience is different - I get TWO processes
        entitled "CwSkimmer.exe" in Task Manager. I've always suspected this
        might be because one is running Omni Rig and the other (larger) is CW
        Skimmer itself, but I don't know for sure.

        This is on Windows XP SP3.

        73 de Graham G3ZOD

        --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Frank LaFranco"
        <flafranco@...> wrote:

        > Hi Pete,
        > When I run CW Skimmer it reports 7% CPU usage. Windows Task
        Manager reports 1 instance of CW Skimmer and the CPU usage bounces
        between 8 and 12%

        > Computer uses Intel dual core 2.66 Gig processor and Windows XP.
        >
        > 73,
        > Frank - W6NEK

        Manager

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 11, 2008
          I show Omnirig as a separate process in Task Manager - which, come to think
          of it, is pretty odd, because I set both radios to "none" on the CAT tab -
          why should it be running at all?

          So far, everyone has reported two processes except Frank - I think he may
          have been looking at the Applications tab instead.

          73, Pete N4ZR