RE: [dxatlas] Is CW Skimmer twins?

    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 11, 2008
      At 04:20 PM 11/11/2008, you wrote:
      >OK Pete.I hadn't noticed PE was so hungry.and I hadn't noticed the
      >bit-slipping in the USB data stream because I'm only running Skimmer in 3kHz
      >mode!!! I'm so envious of your SDR-IQ, ha ha.
      >

      >Do you have a weblink to download PRIO from?

      Try PRIO
      (<http://www.prnwatch.com/prio.html>http://www.prnwatch.com/prio.html)

      73, Pete
    • Chris
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 11, 2008
        Many thanks for the link Pete

        Kind Regards

        Chris

        _____

        >OK Pete.I hadn't noticed PE was so hungry.and I hadn't noticed the
        >bit-slipping in the USB data stream because I'm only running Skimmer in
        3kHz
        >mode!!! I'm so envious of your SDR-IQ, ha ha.
        >

        >Do you have a weblink to download PRIO from?

        Try PRIO
        (<http://www.prnwatch <http://www.prnwatch.com/prio.html>
        .com/prio.html>http://www.prnwatch <http://www.prnwatch.com/prio.html>
        .com/prio.html)

        73, Pete

      • Graham
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 11, 2008
          My experience is different - I get TWO processes
          entitled "CwSkimmer.exe" in Task Manager. I've always suspected this
          might be because one is running Omni Rig and the other (larger) is CW
          Skimmer itself, but I don't know for sure.

          This is on Windows XP SP3.

          73 de Graham G3ZOD

          --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Frank LaFranco"
          <flafranco@...> wrote:

          > Hi Pete,
          > When I run CW Skimmer it reports 7% CPU usage. Windows Task
          Manager reports 1 instance of CW Skimmer and the CPU usage bounces
          between 8 and 12%

          > Computer uses Intel dual core 2.66 Gig processor and Windows XP.
          >
          > 73,
          > Frank - W6NEK

          Manager

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 11, 2008
            I show Omnirig as a separate process in Task Manager - which, come to think
            of it, is pretty odd, because I set both radios to "none" on the CAT tab -
            why should it be running at all?

            So far, everyone has reported two processes except Frank - I think he may
            have been looking at the Applications tab instead.

            73, Pete N4ZR