RE: [dxatlas] Is CW Skimmer twins?

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 11, 2008
      OK Pete.I hadn't noticed PE was so hungry.and I hadn't noticed the
      bit-slipping in the USB data stream because I'm only running Skimmer in 3kHz
      mode!!! I'm so envious of your SDR-IQ, ha ha.

      Do you have a weblink to download PRIO from?

      73's

      Chris

      _____

      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 11, 2008
        At 04:20 PM 11/11/2008, you wrote:
        >OK Pete.I hadn't noticed PE was so hungry.and I hadn't noticed the
        >bit-slipping in the USB data stream because I'm only running Skimmer in 3kHz
        >mode!!! I'm so envious of your SDR-IQ, ha ha.
        >

        >Do you have a weblink to download PRIO from?

        Try PRIO
        (<http://www.prnwatch.com/prio.html>http://www.prnwatch.com/prio.html)

        73, Pete
      • Chris
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 11, 2008
          Many thanks for the link Pete

          Kind Regards

          Chris

          _____

          >OK Pete.I hadn't noticed PE was so hungry.and I hadn't noticed the
          >bit-slipping in the USB data stream because I'm only running Skimmer in
          3kHz
          >mode!!! I'm so envious of your SDR-IQ, ha ha.
          >

          >Do you have a weblink to download PRIO from?

          Try PRIO
          (<http://www.prnwatch <http://www.prnwatch.com/prio.html>
          .com/prio.html>http://www.prnwatch <http://www.prnwatch.com/prio.html>
          .com/prio.html)

          73, Pete

        • Graham
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 11, 2008
            My experience is different - I get TWO processes
            entitled "CwSkimmer.exe" in Task Manager. I've always suspected this
            might be because one is running Omni Rig and the other (larger) is CW
            Skimmer itself, but I don't know for sure.

            This is on Windows XP SP3.

            73 de Graham G3ZOD

            --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Frank LaFranco"
            <flafranco@...> wrote:

            > Hi Pete,
            > When I run CW Skimmer it reports 7% CPU usage. Windows Task
            Manager reports 1 instance of CW Skimmer and the CPU usage bounces
            between 8 and 12%

            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 11, 2008
              I show Omnirig as a separate process in Task Manager - which, come to think
              of it, is pretty odd, because I set both radios to "none" on the CAT tab -
              why should it be running at all?

              So far, everyone has reported two processes except Frank - I think he may
              have been looking at the Applications tab instead.

              73, Pete N4ZR