Skimmer CW Decode and Flex-5000A

  • Zack
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 8, 2008
      I have CW Skimmer working with my Flex-5000A and PSDR 1.14. However
      when it is decoding signals I get a lot of gibberish. Is there any
      audio setting that I need to adjust?

      The Audio Volume setting in Skimmer does nothing. Tried varying RX Gain
      in the VAC tab but it made not difference. BTW I have SR turned off.

      Prior to getting Skimmer working correctly with the radio I had it
      decoding only in the actual filter bandwidth. By varying the AGC-T I
      was able to get around 80-90% solid decode of CW even on fairly weak
      signals.

      So does anyone know how I can improve the CW decode?

      Thanks
      Zack
      N8FNR
    • Edward Russell
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 8, 2008
        Hi Zack,

        You will get the best results out of Skimmer with the Flex if you use the
        Direct I/Q to VAC feature. Instructions are contained in the Skimmer help
        file.

        73 Ed W2RF

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 8, 2008
          It seems to me that somewhere very long ago I read something about the
          notion that Skimmer likes about 600 Hz signals for the most reliable
          recognition. You might check that out.

          Bruce, K2BET