RE: [dxatlas] CPU Speed

  • Dave Baxter
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2008
      Hi Dave...

      I run Faros currently on an old Dell Optiplex, P something/666MHz CPU,
      with about 382MEG of Ram on Windows 2000. It has a "real" Sounblaster
      PCI Soundcard to play with, and works quite well. According to Task
      Mangler, the CPU usage bumbles along at about 3 to 5%, with bursts up to
      30 or 40% at the end of each "acuqisition period", (when the software no
      doubt does it's DSP stuff, to tell if it heard a beacon or not.)

      The only thing I saw that noticably improved when I ran it on a P4/1.8G
      cpu with 1/5G of Ram and on board sound system (AC97 based) was that the
      path timing plots has less variance/jitter shown between reception
      spots. Both PC's, are connected to the same switch in the same network