Antenna

  • D R Mynatt
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2008
      Hi again, Wondering what type of antenna you're using; homebuilt or commercial?
      Dave

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 4, 2008
        Hi Dave,

        My antenna is a homebrew hex beam: six bamboo spreaders with some wire on
        them. The Hex is mounted on a tripod 7 ft above the roof, 30 ft AGL. I was
        unable to tune it properly because it is too close to the roof, but it works
        and even has some directivity. The hex covers the 20 to 10 m bands, on 30
        and 40 m I am using a fan dipole with the feedpoint 1 ft below the hex beam.

        > Hi again, Wondering what type of antenna you're using; homebuilt or
        > commercial?
        > Dave

      • Rich Jones
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 5, 2008
          Please consider my application for joining this group not applicable. The discussions are far and away above my understanding.  Very sincerly, Rich K8UV