Re: [dxatlas] Re: TRX MANAGER

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 15, 2004
      Hi David,

      You should have something like this in the pin list file:

      01|21656|-5675
      00|2401|6995

      The longitude and latitude of the pin must be specified in the file. Perhaps
      you can write a script in Excel to convert grid squares to lat/lon.

      73 Alex VE3NEA

      > Dear Alex many thanks for info, but I don't understand the
      > proceedure can you possibly give me a sample entry that must be made
      > in Excel?
      >
      > I contacted Laurent Labourie of Trx-Manager and he said "pins" can
      > not be automatically imported into Dx Atlas from Trx-Manager.
      >
      > Can I not use the grid locators instead of latitude and longitude,
      > in a Excel file.
      >

      > Just purchased Dx Atlas, and a very fine program it is,although I
      > don't understand some of it's functions.
      >
      > regards David Sayles
    • DAVID
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 15, 2004
        Dear Alex many thanks for replying, sorry but I still don't
        understand how to write a pin list file, even if I did I think it is
        too long drawn out and labourious, I have got a big log and it would
        take too long, I don't think I'll even attempt it.

        Ham Radio Deluxe have got a mapper similar to Dx Atlas but pins can
        be inserted into the map from the log by just a couple of mouse
        clicks. And it can even be configured to automatically insert pins
        into the map when a Qso is logged, providing of course the logged
        Qso as got a locator.

        In future updates of Dx Atlas it would be nice if it was as easy to
        add pins into it from the log as H.R.D Mapper. could you do this and
        make it easier? If you could Dx Atlas would be even better.

        regards David Sayles

        --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Alex, VE3NEA" <alshovk@d...>