Re: TRX MANAGER

  • DAVID
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 14, 2004
      Dear Alex many thanks for info, but I don't understand the
      proceedure can you possibly give me a sample entry that must be made
      in Excel?

      I contacted Laurent Labourie of Trx-Manager and he said "pins" can
      not be automatically imported into Dx Atlas from Trx-Manager.

      Can I not use the grid locators instead of latitude and longitude,
      in a Excel file.

      Just purchased Dx Atlas, and a very fine program it is,although I
      don't understand some of it's functions.

      regards David Sayles

      --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Alex, VE3NEA" <alshovk@d...>
      wrote:
      > David,
      >
      > If you have a list of your QSO in Excel, you can generate a pin
      file by
      > exporting the list as plain text file. The file must have 3
      columns: 1)pin
      > color, 0 to 7; 2) longitude in 20'' units (that is, degrees
      multiplied by
      > 180), 3) latitude, in the same units. The separator between the
      columns is
      > "|". You can load your new pin list in DX Atlas using the File ->
      Load ->

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 15, 2004
        Hi David,

        You should have something like this in the pin list file:

        01|21656|-5675
        00|2401|6995

        The longitude and latitude of the pin must be specified in the file. Perhaps
        you can write a script in Excel to convert grid squares to lat/lon.

        73 Alex VE3NEA

        > Dear Alex many thanks for info, but I don't understand the
        > proceedure can you possibly give me a sample entry that must be made
        > in Excel?
        >
        > I contacted Laurent Labourie of Trx-Manager and he said "pins" can
        > not be automatically imported into Dx Atlas from Trx-Manager.
        >
        > Can I not use the grid locators instead of latitude and longitude,
        > in a Excel file.
        >

        > Just purchased Dx Atlas, and a very fine program it is,although I
        > don't understand some of it's functions.
        >
        > regards David Sayles
      • DAVID
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 15, 2004
          Dear Alex many thanks for replying, sorry but I still don't
          understand how to write a pin list file, even if I did I think it is
          too long drawn out and labourious, I have got a big log and it would
          take too long, I don't think I'll even attempt it.

          Ham Radio Deluxe have got a mapper similar to Dx Atlas but pins can
          be inserted into the map from the log by just a couple of mouse
          clicks. And it can even be configured to automatically insert pins
          into the map when a Qso is logged, providing of course the logged
          Qso as got a locator.

          In future updates of Dx Atlas it would be nice if it was as easy to
          add pins into it from the log as H.R.D Mapper. could you do this and
          make it easier? If you could Dx Atlas would be even better.