Re: [dxatlas] Re: TRX MANAGER

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 14, 2004
      David,

      If you have a list of your QSO in Excel, you can generate a pin file by
      exporting the list as plain text file. The file must have 3 columns: 1)pin
      color, 0 to 7; 2) longitude in 20'' units (that is, degrees multiplied by
      180), 3) latitude, in the same units. The separator between the columns is
      "|". You can load your new pin list in DX Atlas using the File -> Load ->
      Pin List menu command.

      73 Alex VE3NEA

      > Many thanks for reply Alex. how do I generate a pin list in Excel
      > annd import it into Dx Atlas?
      > I like Dx Atlas so much I,m going to purchase it in a few moments.
      > regards David Sayles
      >

      > --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Alex, VE3NEA" <alshovk@d...>
      > wrote:
      > > Hi David,
      > >
      > > Pin.lst is a plain text file that can be easily generated in other
      > programs.
      > > Please contact the author of TRX-Manager and ask him to implement
      > the pin
      > > list generation function. You can also create a pin list file using
      > general
      > > purpose tools like Excel and MS Access.
      > >
      > > 73 Alex VE3NEA

    • DAVID
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 14, 2004
        Dear Alex many thanks for info, but I don't understand the
        proceedure can you possibly give me a sample entry that must be made
        in Excel?

        I contacted Laurent Labourie of Trx-Manager and he said "pins" can
        not be automatically imported into Dx Atlas from Trx-Manager.

        Can I not use the grid locators instead of latitude and longitude,
        in a Excel file.

        Just purchased Dx Atlas, and a very fine program it is,although I
        don't understand some of it's functions.

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 15, 2004
          Hi David,

          You should have something like this in the pin list file:

          01|21656|-5675
          00|2401|6995

          The longitude and latitude of the pin must be specified in the file. Perhaps
          you can write a script in Excel to convert grid squares to lat/lon.

          73 Alex VE3NEA

          > Dear Alex many thanks for info, but I don't understand the
          > proceedure can you possibly give me a sample entry that must be made
          > in Excel?
          >
          > I contacted Laurent Labourie of Trx-Manager and he said "pins" can
          > not be automatically imported into Dx Atlas from Trx-Manager.
          >
          > Can I not use the grid locators instead of latitude and longitude,
          > in a Excel file.
          >

          > Just purchased Dx Atlas, and a very fine program it is,although I
          > don't understand some of it's functions.
          >
          > regards David Sayles
        • DAVID
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 15, 2004
            Dear Alex many thanks for replying, sorry but I still don't
            understand how to write a pin list file, even if I did I think it is
            too long drawn out and labourious, I have got a big log and it would
            take too long, I don't think I'll even attempt it.

            Ham Radio Deluxe have got a mapper similar to Dx Atlas but pins can
            be inserted into the map from the log by just a couple of mouse
            clicks. And it can even be configured to automatically insert pins
            into the map when a Qso is logged, providing of course the logged
            Qso as got a locator.

            In future updates of Dx Atlas it would be nice if it was as easy to
            add pins into it from the log as H.R.D Mapper. could you do this and
            make it easier? If you could Dx Atlas would be even better.