Faros on low power pc

  • g7kse
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2008
      My currnt Faros machine is based around a laptop and ic-703. I intend
      to replace the laptop with a low power machine such as a fit pc
      (www.fit-pc.co.uk) with a hf lite sdr. CPU: AMD Geode LX800 500MHz,
      Chipset: AMD CS5536Display: Integrated Geode LX display controller up
      to 1920x1440, Memory: 512MB DDR 333MHz soldered on-board

      I have a couple of queries, firstly can this set up work with Faros
      and secondly is there a way to output the information on the bottom of
      the window on a VFD or LCD display. I'd like to display the station,
      evidence, QSB etc on the VFD so I wouldn't need a monitor.

      The basic idea is a very low power drain set up in a single box with a
      VFD or similar to show the status.

      any thoughts or comments?