RE: [dxatlas] DXAtlas - USA County Award and Russian Districts Award

  • Joe Glockner
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 12, 2008
      Dan,

      Inside the ZIP file are two files -- the one file is a TEXT file
      entitled:

      readme_howtouse.txt

      That TEXT file (this one is for the USA County Award)
      gives the following instructions:

      The USACAlabels.lst file that is enclosed in this
      ZIP file contains ALL of the 3,077 USA Counties and the
      coordinates/info for all of them.

      Since we will be USING the Islands ICON and Islands Load
      Island List ... to be able to see the USA-CA data/info --

      To use this USACAlabels.lst file -

      (1) SAVE the USACAlabels.lst file into your DXAtlas'
      Islands Directory.

      (2) Open the DXAtlas program.

      (3) Go to Main Menu / File / Load / Island List... ---
      and select the USACAlabels.lst from the
      choices available.

      (4) Go to Main Menu / Map / Labels /

      and select the Island(USACAlabels.lst) from
      the choices.

      (5) To view the Index for the USA County (FIPS) Ref numbers --
      Go to Main Menu / View / Index...

      and select the Islands entry from the choices.

      (6) You now have full view of the USA County labels
      and also the Index.

      NOTE!! :: To be able to VIEW ALL of the USA County Labels,
      you can OPEN up the DxAtlas.ini file using the Notepad or Wordpad
      program - and ADD/Edit-in to the

      [Map]

      area of that file the following line:

      OverZoom=8

      Save the DxAtlas.ini file -- and NOW, you can ZOOM-IN
      far enough to be able to view ALL of the USA County
      labels.

      Final NOTE!! : EXCEPT for Alaska - the County Ref numbers used
      are the same as the FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standards)
      County codes.

      Dan - the LST file(s) are very easy to use.

      73 Joe WA6AXE

      > To: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
      > From: dan-schaaf@...
      > Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 19:28:11 -0400
      > Subject: Re: [dxatlas] DXAtlas - USA County Award and Russian Districts Award
      >
      > Joe
      >
      > Tell me, how are these used? Do we unzip them to the DXAtlas folder? Or what?
      >
      > I hesitate to unzip things until I know where and how it is used.
      >

      > Best Regards
      > Dan Schaaf
      > K3ZXL www.k3zxl.com "In the Beginning, there was Spark Gap"

    • Dan Schaaf
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 12, 2008
        Joe

        Does this overwrite the Islands list so that Islands are no longer available ? Or does it just append the counties list to the islands list?

        Best Regards
        Dan Schaaf

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 12, 2008
          Dan

          Each LIST (*.lst) file is a totally separate file -- no one over-writes anything
          .. you simply follow my instructions - and use it ... we all simply use
          the ISLANDS ICON and Load list, etc -- simply to be able to USE the
          County or RDA Listing..

          The Islands.lst file is never touched ... when you want to go BACK to the
          Islands listing -- you simply LOAD it again .. vice loading either the
          County or RDA LST file(s).

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 12, 2008
            Thanks Joe

            Best Regards