Re: [dxatlas] DXAtlas - USA County Award and Russian Districts Award

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 12, 2008
      Thanks, Joe, for your extended effort and sharing of the files!

      Bruce, K2BET
      ------

      Joe Glockner wrote:

      > Hello for the first time to this Group!!!
      >
      > I have made 2 Labels LST files for DXAtlas; and, ALEX has posted a
      > LINK to each of my files on his Software Compatible with DXAtlas
      > webpage at:
      >
      > http://www.dxatlas.com/DxAtlas/Compat.asp
      > <http://www.dxatlas.com/DxAtlas/Compat.asp>
      >
      > The Russian Districts Award "lst" file contains all of the 2,745 RDA
      > Reference numbers and the location info, etc ..
      >
      > The USA County Award (USA-CA) "lst" file contains all of the 3,077
      > USA Counties and their location info, etc ..
      >
      > I made these Label Files to support DXAtlas and make them available
      > to anyone who wanted to use them.
      >
      > 73, Joe WA6AXE

      > signature database 3516 (20081012) __________

      > http://www.eset.com
    • Dan Schaaf
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 12, 2008
        Joe

        Tell me, how are these used? Do we unzip them to the DXAtlas folder? Or what?

        I hesitate to unzip things until I know where and how it is used.

        Best Regards
        Dan Schaaf

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 12, 2008
          Dan,

          Inside the ZIP file are two files -- the one file is a TEXT file
          entitled:

          readme_howtouse.txt

          That TEXT file (this one is for the USA County Award)
          gives the following instructions:

          The USACAlabels.lst file that is enclosed in this
          ZIP file contains ALL of the 3,077 USA Counties and the
          coordinates/info for all of them.

          Since we will be USING the Islands ICON and Islands Load
          Island List ... to be able to see the USA-CA data/info --

          To use this USACAlabels.lst file -

          (1) SAVE the USACAlabels.lst file into your DXAtlas'
          Islands Directory.

          (2) Open the DXAtlas program.

          (3) Go to Main Menu / File / Load / Island List... ---
          and select the USACAlabels.lst from the
          choices available.

          (4) Go to Main Menu / Map / Labels /

          and select the Island(USACAlabels.lst) from
          the choices.

          (5) To view the Index for the USA County (FIPS) Ref numbers --
          Go to Main Menu / View / Index...

          and select the Islands entry from the choices.

          (6) You now have full view of the USA County labels
          and also the Index.

          NOTE!! :: To be able to VIEW ALL of the USA County Labels,
          you can OPEN up the DxAtlas.ini file using the Notepad or Wordpad
          program - and ADD/Edit-in to the

          [Map]

          area of that file the following line:

          OverZoom=8

          Save the DxAtlas.ini file -- and NOW, you can ZOOM-IN
          far enough to be able to view ALL of the USA County
          labels.

          Final NOTE!! : EXCEPT for Alaska - the County Ref numbers used
          are the same as the FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standards)
          County codes.

          Dan - the LST file(s) are very easy to use.

          73 Joe WA6AXE

          > To: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
          > From: dan-schaaf@...
          > Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 19:28:11 -0400
          > Subject: Re: [dxatlas] DXAtlas - USA County Award and Russian Districts Award
          >
          > Joe
          >
          > Tell me, how are these used? Do we unzip them to the DXAtlas folder? Or what?
          >
          > I hesitate to unzip things until I know where and how it is used.
          >

          > Best Regards
          > Dan Schaaf
          > K3ZXL www.k3zxl.com "In the Beginning, there was Spark Gap"

        • Dan Schaaf
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 12, 2008
            Joe

            Does this overwrite the Islands list so that Islands are no longer available ? Or does it just append the counties list to the islands list?

            Best Regards
            Dan Schaaf

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 12, 2008
              Dan

              Each LIST (*.lst) file is a totally separate file -- no one over-writes anything
              .. you simply follow my instructions - and use it ... we all simply use
              the ISLANDS ICON and Load list, etc -- simply to be able to USE the
              County or RDA Listing..

              The Islands.lst file is never touched ... when you want to go BACK to the
              Islands listing -- you simply LOAD it again .. vice loading either the
              County or RDA LST file(s).

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 12, 2008
                Thanks Joe

                Best Regards