DXAtlas - USA County Award and Russian Districts Award

  • Joe Glockner
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 12, 2008
      Hello for the first time to this Group!!!

      I have made 2 Labels LST files for DXAtlas; and, ALEX has posted a
      LINK to each of my files on his Software Compatible with DXAtlas
      webpage at:

      http://www.dxatlas.com/DxAtlas/Compat.asp

      The Russian Districts Award "lst" file contains all of the 2,745 RDA
      Reference numbers and the location info, etc ..

      The USA County Award (USA-CA) "lst" file contains all of the 3,077
      USA Counties and their location info, etc ..

      I made these Label Files to support DXAtlas and make them available
      to anyone who wanted to use them.

      73, Joe WA6AXE

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 12, 2008
        Thanks, Joe, for your extended effort and sharing of the files!

        Bruce, K2BET
        ------

        Joe Glockner wrote:

        > Hello for the first time to this Group!!!
        >
        > I have made 2 Labels LST files for DXAtlas; and, ALEX has posted a
        > LINK to each of my files on his Software Compatible with DXAtlas
        > webpage at:
        >
        > http://www.dxatlas.com/DxAtlas/Compat.asp
        > <http://www.dxatlas.com/DxAtlas/Compat.asp>
        >
        > The Russian Districts Award "lst" file contains all of the 2,745 RDA
        > Reference numbers and the location info, etc ..
        >
        > The USA County Award (USA-CA) "lst" file contains all of the 3,077
        > USA Counties and their location info, etc ..
        >
        > I made these Label Files to support DXAtlas and make them available
        > to anyone who wanted to use them.
        >
        > 73, Joe WA6AXE

        > signature database 3516 (20081012) __________

        > http://www.eset.com
      • Dan Schaaf
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 12, 2008
          Joe

          Tell me, how are these used? Do we unzip them to the DXAtlas folder? Or what?

          I hesitate to unzip things until I know where and how it is used.

          Best Regards
          Dan Schaaf

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 12, 2008
            Dan,

            Inside the ZIP file are two files -- the one file is a TEXT file
            entitled:

            readme_howtouse.txt

            That TEXT file (this one is for the USA County Award)
            gives the following instructions:

            The USACAlabels.lst file that is enclosed in this
            ZIP file contains ALL of the 3,077 USA Counties and the
            coordinates/info for all of them.

            Since we will be USING the Islands ICON and Islands Load
            Island List ... to be able to see the USA-CA data/info --

            To use this USACAlabels.lst file -

            (1) SAVE the USACAlabels.lst file into your DXAtlas'
            Islands Directory.

            (2) Open the DXAtlas program.

            (3) Go to Main Menu / File / Load / Island List... ---
            and select the USACAlabels.lst from the
            choices available.

            (4) Go to Main Menu / Map / Labels /

            and select the Island(USACAlabels.lst) from
            the choices.

            (5) To view the Index for the USA County (FIPS) Ref numbers --
            Go to Main Menu / View / Index...

            and select the Islands entry from the choices.

            (6) You now have full view of the USA County labels
            and also the Index.

            NOTE!! :: To be able to VIEW ALL of the USA County Labels,
            you can OPEN up the DxAtlas.ini file using the Notepad or Wordpad
            program - and ADD/Edit-in to the

            [Map]

            area of that file the following line:

            OverZoom=8

            Save the DxAtlas.ini file -- and NOW, you can ZOOM-IN
            far enough to be able to view ALL of the USA County
            labels.

            Final NOTE!! : EXCEPT for Alaska - the County Ref numbers used
            are the same as the FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standards)
            County codes.

            Dan - the LST file(s) are very easy to use.

            73 Joe WA6AXE

            > To: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
            > From: dan-schaaf@...
            > Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 19:28:11 -0400
            > Subject: Re: [dxatlas] DXAtlas - USA County Award and Russian Districts Award
            >
            > Joe
            >
            > Tell me, how are these used? Do we unzip them to the DXAtlas folder? Or what?
            >
            > I hesitate to unzip things until I know where and how it is used.
            >

            > Best Regards
            > Dan Schaaf
            > K3ZXL www.k3zxl.com "In the Beginning, there was Spark Gap"

          • Dan Schaaf
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 12, 2008
              Joe

              Does this overwrite the Islands list so that Islands are no longer available ? Or does it just append the counties list to the islands list?

              Best Regards
              Dan Schaaf

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 12, 2008
                Dan

                Each LIST (*.lst) file is a totally separate file -- no one over-writes anything
                .. you simply follow my instructions - and use it ... we all simply use
                the ISLANDS ICON and Load list, etc -- simply to be able to USE the
                County or RDA Listing..

                The Islands.lst file is never touched ... when you want to go BACK to the
                Islands listing -- you simply LOAD it again .. vice loading either the
                County or RDA LST file(s).

                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 12, 2008
                  Thanks Joe

                  Best Regards