Re: [dxatlas] Where to have non-rules talk about CW Skimmer

  • FireBrick
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 11, 2008
      I would join a 'skimmertech' group.
      I contest most weekends, one mode or the other, just don't care about submitting scores.
      So anything that would improve my cwskimmerability would be fun.

      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 11, 2008
        Pete (& Alex)

        I'm easy either way but it makes sense to setup a separate 'skimmertech'
        group.

        Regards

        Chris (SWLer, UK)

        _____

        I am interested in promoting technical interchange about the use of
        VE3NEA's CW Skimmer, particularly in contesting. The skimmertalk reflector
        was set up to "fence off" discussion about the contest rules aspect from
        the CQ-Contest reflector, and has zero traffic these days. There are two
        options that occur to me:

        1. Set up a separate "skimmertech" reflector on yahoo.

        2. Encourage such discussion on the dxatlas_group@
        <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com. VE3NEA
        has welcomed that if it is the wish of the majority.

        Opinions please!

      • Jon Maguire
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 14, 2008
          I agree that a separate group would be good to talk about technical
          details. I
          just installed version 1.2 and have a number of questions. How should we
          proceed?

          73... Jon W1MNK

          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 14, 2008
            At 04:46 PM 10/14/2008, Jon Maguire wrote:

            >I agree that a separate group would be good to talk about technical
            >details. I
            >just installed version 1.2 and have a number of questions. How should we
            >proceed?
            Contesting.com has agreed to convert skimmertalk@... to a
            technical/trouble-shooting mailing list for Skimmer. to subscribe, send an
            e-mail to skimmertalk-request@... and put SUBSCRIBE in the body
            of the message. See you there?

            73, Pete N4ZR
          • Graham
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 14, 2008
              Pete, is there a web page that can be used instead to sign up and set
              preferences such as digests etc.?

              Thanks and 73 de Graham G3ZOD
              Fists #8385 GQRP #11976

              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 15, 2008

                73, Pete

                >At 05:41 PM 10/14/2008, Graham wrote:
                >Pete, is there a web page that can be used instead to sign up and set
                >preferences such as digests etc.?
                >
                >Thanks and 73 de Graham G3ZOD
                >Fists #8385 GQRP #11976
                >

                >--- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, Pete Smith <n4zr@...> wrote:
                > > Contesting.com has agreed to convert skimmertalk@... to a
                > > technical/trouble-shooting mailing list for Skimmer. to subscribe,
                >send an
                > > e-mail to skimmertalk-request@... and put SUBSCRIBE in the body
                > > of the message. See you there?

              • Steve Hunt
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 15, 2008
                  and if you just want to read the skimmertalk forum ...

                  ... go here http://dayton.contesting.com/pipermail/skimmertalk/

                  73 Steve W1CDX

                  > At 04:46 PM 10/14/2008, Jon Maguire wrote:
                  > >
                  > >I agree that a separate group would be good to talk about technical
                  > >details. I
                  > >just installed version 1.2 and have a number of questions. How
                  should we
                  > >proceed?
                  > Contesting.com has agreed to convert skimmertalk@... to a
                  > technical/trouble-shooting mailing list for Skimmer. to subscribe,
                  send an
                  > e-mail to skimmertalk-request@... and put SUBSCRIBE in the body
                  > of the message. See you there?
                  >
                  > 73, Pete N4ZR

                • Jon Maguire
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 15, 2008
                    Pete,

                    Thank you for the heads up. I just subscribed.

                    73... Jon W1MNK