RE: [dxatlas] Where to have non-rules talk about CW Skimmer

  • William M. Bickley
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 11, 2008
      I'd vote to set up a separate reflector. The nature and content (or lack
      thereof) of the postings will tell all we need to know about the
      value/wisdom of this decision, and it will live or die on its own merits.

      Bill

      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 11, 2008
        I would join a 'skimmertech' group.
        I contest most weekends, one mode or the other, just don't care about submitting scores.
        So anything that would improve my cwskimmerability would be fun.

        2. Encourage such discussion on the dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com. VE3NEA
        has welcomed that if it is the wish of the majority.

        Opinions please!

      • Chris
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 11, 2008
          Pete (& Alex)

          I'm easy either way but it makes sense to setup a separate 'skimmertech'
          group.

          Regards

          Chris (SWLer, UK)

          _____

          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 14, 2008
            I agree that a separate group would be good to talk about technical
            details. I
            just installed version 1.2 and have a number of questions. How should we
            proceed?

            73... Jon W1MNK

            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 14, 2008
              At 04:46 PM 10/14/2008, Jon Maguire wrote:

              >I agree that a separate group would be good to talk about technical
              >details. I
              >just installed version 1.2 and have a number of questions. How should we
              >proceed?
              Contesting.com has agreed to convert skimmertalk@... to a
              technical/trouble-shooting mailing list for Skimmer. to subscribe, send an
              e-mail to skimmertalk-request@... and put SUBSCRIBE in the body
              of the message. See you there?

              73, Pete N4ZR
            • Graham
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 14, 2008
                Pete, is there a web page that can be used instead to sign up and set
                preferences such as digests etc.?

                Thanks and 73 de Graham G3ZOD
                Fists #8385 GQRP #11976

                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 15, 2008
                  Yes. Go to http://dayton.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/skimmertalk

                  73, Pete

                  >At 05:41 PM 10/14/2008, Graham wrote:
                  >Pete, is there a web page that can be used instead to sign up and set
                  >preferences such as digests etc.?
                  >
                  >Thanks and 73 de Graham G3ZOD
                  >Fists #8385 GQRP #11976
                  >

                  >--- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, Pete Smith <n4zr@...> wrote:
                  > > Contesting.com has agreed to convert skimmertalk@... to a
                  > > technical/trouble-shooting mailing list for Skimmer. to subscribe,
                  >send an
                  > > e-mail to skimmertalk-request@... and put SUBSCRIBE in the body
                  > > of the message. See you there?

                • Steve Hunt
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 15, 2008
                    and if you just want to read the skimmertalk forum ...

                    ... go here http://dayton.contesting.com/pipermail/skimmertalk/

                    73 Steve W1CDX

                    > At 04:46 PM 10/14/2008, Jon Maguire wrote:
                    > >
                    > >I agree that a separate group would be good to talk about technical
                    > >details. I
                    > >just installed version 1.2 and have a number of questions. How
                    should we
                    > >proceed?
                    > Contesting.com has agreed to convert skimmertalk@... to a
                    > technical/trouble-shooting mailing list for Skimmer. to subscribe,
                    send an
                    > e-mail to skimmertalk-request@... and put SUBSCRIBE in the body
                    > of the message. See you there?
                    >
                    > 73, Pete N4ZR

                  • Jon Maguire
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 15, 2008
                      Pete,

                      Thank you for the heads up. I just subscribed.

                      73... Jon W1MNK