Where to have non-rules talk about CW Skimmer

    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 11, 2008
      I am interested in promoting technical interchange about the use of
      VE3NEA's CW Skimmer, particularly in contesting. The skimmertalk reflector
      was set up to "fence off" discussion about the contest rules aspect from
      the CQ-Contest reflector, and has zero traffic these days. There are two
      options that occur to me:

      1. Set up a separate "skimmertech" reflector on yahoo.

      2. Encourage such discussion on the dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com. VE3NEA
      has welcomed that if it is the wish of the majority.

      Opinions please!

      73, Pete N4ZR
    • William M. Bickley
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 11, 2008
        I'd vote to set up a separate reflector. The nature and content (or lack
        thereof) of the postings will tell all we need to know about the
        value/wisdom of this decision, and it will live or die on its own merits.

        Bill

        I am interested in promoting technical interchange about the use of
        VE3NEA's CW Skimmer, particularly in contesting. The skimmertalk reflector
        was set up to "fence off" discussion about the contest rules aspect from
        the CQ-Contest reflector, and has zero traffic these days. There are two
        options that occur to me:

        1. Set up a separate "skimmertech" reflector on yahoo.

        2. Encourage such discussion on the dxatlas_group@
        <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com. VE3NEA
        has welcomed that if it is the wish of the majority.

        Opinions please!

        4:08 PM

      • FireBrick
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 11, 2008
          I would join a 'skimmertech' group.
          I contest most weekends, one mode or the other, just don't care about submitting scores.
          So anything that would improve my cwskimmerability would be fun.

          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 11, 2008
            Pete (& Alex)

            I'm easy either way but it makes sense to setup a separate 'skimmertech'
            group.

            Regards

            Chris (SWLer, UK)

            _____

            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 14, 2008
              I agree that a separate group would be good to talk about technical
              details. I
              just installed version 1.2 and have a number of questions. How should we
              proceed?

              73... Jon W1MNK

              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 14, 2008
                At 04:46 PM 10/14/2008, Jon Maguire wrote:

                >I agree that a separate group would be good to talk about technical
                >details. I
                >just installed version 1.2 and have a number of questions. How should we
                >proceed?
                Contesting.com has agreed to convert skimmertalk@... to a
                technical/trouble-shooting mailing list for Skimmer. to subscribe, send an
                e-mail to skimmertalk-request@... and put SUBSCRIBE in the body
                of the message. See you there?

                73, Pete N4ZR
              • Graham
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 14, 2008
                  Pete, is there a web page that can be used instead to sign up and set
                  preferences such as digests etc.?

                  Thanks and 73 de Graham G3ZOD
                  Fists #8385 GQRP #11976

                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 15, 2008

                    73, Pete

                    >At 05:41 PM 10/14/2008, Graham wrote:
                    >Pete, is there a web page that can be used instead to sign up and set
                    >preferences such as digests etc.?
                    >
                    >Thanks and 73 de Graham G3ZOD
                    >Fists #8385 GQRP #11976
                    >

                    >--- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, Pete Smith <n4zr@...> wrote:
                    > > Contesting.com has agreed to convert skimmertalk@... to a
                    > > technical/trouble-shooting mailing list for Skimmer. to subscribe,
                    >send an
                    > > e-mail to skimmertalk-request@... and put SUBSCRIBE in the body
                    > > of the message. See you there?

                  • Steve Hunt
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 15, 2008
                      and if you just want to read the skimmertalk forum ...

                      ... go here http://dayton.contesting.com/pipermail/skimmertalk/

                      73 Steve W1CDX

                      > At 04:46 PM 10/14/2008, Jon Maguire wrote:
                      > >
                      > >I agree that a separate group would be good to talk about technical
                      > >details. I
                      > >just installed version 1.2 and have a number of questions. How
                      should we
                      > >proceed?
                      > Contesting.com has agreed to convert skimmertalk@... to a
                      > technical/trouble-shooting mailing list for Skimmer. to subscribe,
                      send an
                      > e-mail to skimmertalk-request@... and put SUBSCRIBE in the body
                      > of the message. See you there?
                      >
                      > 73, Pete N4ZR

                    • Jon Maguire
                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 15, 2008
                        Pete,

                        Thank you for the heads up. I just subscribed.

                        73... Jon W1MNK