Re: CW Skimmer clicks

  • Graham
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 26, 2008
      Hi Tor. Thanks for the reply. After a lot of experimenting, I agree
      with your conclusions!

      73 de Graham G3ZOD
      Fists #8385 GQRP #11976

      --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "rt_tclay" <rt_clay@...> wrote:
      > I assume you mean clicks in the receive audio? Yes, I have noticed
      > those for a while.
      >
      > My config is not very similar: K2+SoftRock, Core 2 Duo 3GHz, Win XP
      > Pro. Sound card is a Bgears b-Enspirer (PCI). I don't think they are
      > related to cpu load or the type of sound card.
    • Graham
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 26, 2008
        Hi Pete. Thanks for the reply.

        Well, I've now used a KK7UQ interface with two different sound cards
        (the one on the motherboard and a Delta 44) as well as the Signalink
        USB.

        I've tried lots of combinations and in my set up at least, processor
        power / availability / affinity doesn't appear to make any difference
        (I even had CW Skimmer running at real time priority for a short
        while without any crash but also without any improvment).

        The one thing that DOES make it go away is switching from "MME"
        to "WDM".

        This is a real shame - the Windows USB sound driver used by the
        Signalink USB doesn't provide "WDM" according to CW Skimmer :-(

        So, in other words I only got CW Skimmer to work really smoothly with
        the KK7UQ interface and the two sound cards.

        I didn't observe any lines in the waterfall or any splitting up of
        characters - I'm thinking that perhaps what you experienced is a
        slightly different issue.

        73 de Graham G3ZOD
        Fists #8385 GQRP #11976

        than anything.
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 26, 2008
          At 04:44 PM 9/26/2008, you wrote:
          >I didn't observe any lines in the waterfall or any splitting up of
          >characters - I'm thinking that perhaps what you experienced is a
          >slightly different issue.

          It may well be a different source, but Alex told me that the audio crackles
          mean blocks are being dropped.

          Sorry you can't get the right driver for your interface.

          73, Pete