Re: [dxatlas] Is there a CWSkimmer group?

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 16, 2008
      That seems to be normal, Bill - it is always that way here. One thing that
      isn't normal, though, is that sometimes one of those instances, the one
      that uses more memory, will jump up to around 70 percent CPU usage and hang
      there, regardless of the number of decoders in use. When this happens, it
      appears that the only cure is to stop the program, wait a minute or two,
      and then restart. Alex knows about it, but it is darned hard to track down
      because it doesn't correlate with any visible user or program activity. I
      have also noticed that sometimes that instance will gradually use more and
      more memory, until it is over 100 Meg. Perhaps related to the first issue,
      but equally hard to track down.

      73, Pete

      At 07:45 AM 9/16/2008, you wrote:
      >I find an interesting thing with CWS.
      >When I have it running, Task Manager shows 2 instances, each consumming
      >approx 4% or cpu.
      >
      >Is this normal? Or did I install it incorrectly.

    • FireBrick
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 16, 2008
        thank you
        yes I've seen it jump but only occasionally.

        I'm using CWS with a Flex5000A with the 2nd receiver board
        Using DDUt to allow multiple programs to use the same virtual comports.

        At 07:45 AM 9/16/2008, you wrote:
        >I find an interesting thing with CWS.
        >When I have it running, Task Manager shows 2 instances, each consumming
        >approx 4% or cpu.
        >
        >Is this normal? Or did I install it incorrectly.

      • Hylton Conacher (Webmail)
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 5, 2008
          Hi,

          w9ol wrote:
          > I find an interesting thing with CWS.
          > When I have it running, Task Manager shows 2 instances, each consumming
          > approx 4% or cpu.
          >
          > Is this normal? Or did I install it incorrectly.

          If you haven't come right yet all I ca suggest is to subscribe and ask at
          the ham-software reflector at
          http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/ham-software

          HiH
          Hylton