Softrock HF Lite and faros

  • g7kse
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 15, 2008
      before I go and order one of these kits
      <http://www.wsplc.com/acatalog/Kits_-_Softrock.html> . Do they work
      with Faros? I'd like to replace my IC703 and laptop with something a
      little more like an SDR receiver and nano itx PC

      many thanks

      Alex

    • Geoff Anderson
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 15, 2008
        Short answer is yes. I have an earlier version running on 14.1Mhz.. As to
        buying it from W & S - well why not do a bit of research and buy the kit
        direct from the States at half the cost and no VAT!... Obtainable from Tony
        KB9YIG kb9yig@... . Version 8.4 of the receiver is just about to
        come out according to information on the Softrock@... reflector.

        73 de Geoff
        G3NPA
        Geoff.Anderson@...

        > with Faros? I'd like to replace my IC703 and laptop with something a
        > little more like an SDR receiver and nano itx PC
        >
        > many thanks
        >
        > Alex

      • g7kse
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 16, 2008
          thanks for the info. I'll do a bit more googling to find out where
          to get one at the best value. Either an 8.3 or 8.4

          Alex
          --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Geoff Anderson"