SoftRock 8.3 Lite with Rocky

    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 11, 2008
      At 06:49 PM 9/11/2008, K2BET wrote:
      >Glad to hear of your success!
      >
      >I am trying to get 'Rocky' to work properly with the SoftRock V.8.3 Lite
      > receiver. I am not sure how it is supposed to track the USB I2C VFO. I
      >seem to be able to get different parts of the bands but nothing seems
      >consistent, nor am I able to calibrate to the frequency readout.
      >
      >Anyone here familiar with that play field?
      >
      >I am rather facinated with the the new SDR kits. I have been able to
      >make them work correctly with PowerSDR software but so far not with
      >Rocky. What am I doing wrong?

      Info in the help file is limited:

      "Install the Si570-USB driver

      Download the SI570_firmware.zip file from
      <http://www.mydarc.de/dg8saq/SI570/index.shtml>this web page. The driver
      files are located in si570\AVR-USB-Driver folder inside the zip. Extract
      them into a new directory, and connect the Si570 unit to a USB port. When
      prompted for the driver location, navigate to the extracted files.

      Once the driver is installed, enable the Si570 support in Rocky by ticking
      the Use Si570-USB check box in the Settings dialog."

      However, the 8.3 Lite RX in its basic form does not have a USB
      connection. The way I used Rocky with it (I now have an SDR-IQ) was to
      select multi-band on Rocky's DSP tab, and then enter the 8.3 local
      oscillator frequency for each band in the Rocky.ini, like this:

      [Bands]
      1.8_MHz=1846000
      3.5_MHz=3546000
      7.0_MHz=7046000
      14.0_MHz=14046000
      21.0_MHz=21046000
      28.0_MHz=28046000

      You'll need to determine the actual Si570 frequency on each band, to get
      the frequency calibration correct.

      73, Pete
    • F6DYA (Alain)
      Message 2 of 18 , Dec 5, 2009
        Everything is correct on my side.

        73
      • John T. Fleming
        Message 3 of 18 , Dec 5, 2009
          I get the "!" when I do old and recent updates. Also the weekly Proton Flux
          and X-Ray Flux have not been updated since November 30.

          73,

          John

          _____

            I'm having exactly the same problem. I have tried re-installing to no effect. Looks like the data format has been changed, yet again.
            Alex Help!!!!
            Bob G1BCZ

            --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "John T. Fleming" <john@...> wrote:

            > I get the "!" when I do old and recent updates. Also the weekly Proton Flux
            > and X-Ray Flux have not been updated since November 30.
            >

            > 73,
            >
            > John
            >

            > _____

          • Dan Schaaf
            Message 5 of 18 , Dec 5, 2009
              I also have the same problem. No data.

              Dan K3ZXL

              Message 6 of 18 , Dec 5, 2009
                My data appears up to date and all is working fine. Windows XP Pro....
                Comcast source

                Dan Schaaf wrote:

                > I also have the same problem. No data.
                >
                > Dan K3ZXL

              • James Streible
                Message 7 of 18 , Dec 5, 2009
                  Well fellows---I must report mine is working now.
                  One computer started working on it's own and in
                  the meantime Alex sent me a new schedule ini
                  by e-mail that I loaded into this computer by replacing
                  the original ini and it is now working.

                  Not being a "Computer Weenie" I have no idea what
                  that is but--it worked.

                  Maybe Alex can put it up in the files section or somewhere
                  and those still having problems can down load and install
                  the new file.

                  Thanks for all the replies to my problem and
                  Thanks to Alex for the fast service.

                  73,

                  Jim K4DLI

                  Message 8 of 18 , Dec 5, 2009
                    NOAA switched from the GOES11 to GOES14 satellite on December 1. The data
                    from this satellite was used for the X-ray and Protons plots on the Week tab
                    in IonoProbe. The updated Schedule.ini file is available on my web site, in
                    the folder from which IonoProbe automatically downloads the schedule every 5
                    days. Therefore, most users already have the new schedule, the rest of them
                    will have it in a couple of days.