RE: [dxatlas] Ionoprobe

  • John T. Fleming
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 11 9:31 AM
      Bruce and Bob,

      I am really stretching my "senior" memory, but I thought there was a new
      config file that we needed to use because of some file location changes. I
      would look at the IonoProbe web sight.

      73,

      John

      _____

      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 11 9:49 AM
        Both of us have that challenge, John, but I think you are correct. I am
        recalling something about that as well.

        bet

        John T. Fleming wrote:

        > Bruce and Bob,
        >
        > I am really stretching my "senior" memory, but I thought there was a new
        > config file that we needed to use because of some file location changes. I
        > would look at the IonoProbe web sight.
        >
        > 73,
        >
        > John
        >
        > _____
        >
        > From: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com

      • Bob Williams
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 11 3:43 PM
          Hi John and Bruce
          Thanks for the help, I should have looked on the Ionoprobe website
          first. The version I had got was three verions old. I have
          downloaded and installed the latest version, no more problems. I
          should have known that Alex would resolve the aurora problem pretty
          fast.
          Bob
          --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "John T. Fleming" <W3GQJ@...>

          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 11 3:49 PM
            Glad to hear of your success!

            I am trying to get 'Rocky' to work properly with the SoftRock V.8.3 Lite
            receiver. I am not sure how it is supposed to track the USB I2C VFO. I
            seem to be able to get different parts of the bands but nothing seems
            consistent, nor am I able to calibrate to the frequency readout.

            Anyone here familiar with that play field?

            I am rather facinated with the the new SDR kits. I have been able to
            make them work correctly with PowerSDR software but so far not with
            Rocky. What am I doing wrong?

            Bruce, K2BET

            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 11 10:44 PM
              At 06:49 PM 9/11/2008, K2BET wrote:
              >Glad to hear of your success!
              >
              >I am trying to get 'Rocky' to work properly with the SoftRock V.8.3 Lite
              > receiver. I am not sure how it is supposed to track the USB I2C VFO. I
              >seem to be able to get different parts of the bands but nothing seems
              >consistent, nor am I able to calibrate to the frequency readout.
              >
              >Anyone here familiar with that play field?
              >
              >I am rather facinated with the the new SDR kits. I have been able to
              >make them work correctly with PowerSDR software but so far not with
              >Rocky. What am I doing wrong?

              Info in the help file is limited:

              "Install the Si570-USB driver

              Download the SI570_firmware.zip file from
              <http://www.mydarc.de/dg8saq/SI570/index.shtml>this web page. The driver
              files are located in si570\AVR-USB-Driver folder inside the zip. Extract
              them into a new directory, and connect the Si570 unit to a USB port. When
              prompted for the driver location, navigate to the extracted files.

              Once the driver is installed, enable the Si570 support in Rocky by ticking
              the Use Si570-USB check box in the Settings dialog."

              However, the 8.3 Lite RX in its basic form does not have a USB
              connection. The way I used Rocky with it (I now have an SDR-IQ) was to
              select multi-band on Rocky's DSP tab, and then enter the 8.3 local
              oscillator frequency for each band in the Rocky.ini, like this:

              [Bands]
              1.8_MHz=1846000
              3.5_MHz=3546000
              7.0_MHz=7046000
              14.0_MHz=14046000
              21.0_MHz=21046000
              28.0_MHz=28046000

              You'll need to determine the actual Si570 frequency on each band, to get
              the frequency calibration correct.

              73, Pete
            • F6DYA (Alain)
              Message 6 of 18 , Dec 5, 2009
                Everything is correct on my side.

                73
              • John T. Fleming
                Message 7 of 18 , Dec 5, 2009
                  I get the "!" when I do old and recent updates. Also the weekly Proton Flux
                  and X-Ray Flux have not been updated since November 30.

                  73,

                  John

                  _____

                    I'm having exactly the same problem. I have tried re-installing to no effect. Looks like the data format has been changed, yet again.
                    Alex Help!!!!
                    Bob G1BCZ

                    --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "John T. Fleming" <john@...> wrote:

                    > I get the "!" when I do old and recent updates. Also the weekly Proton Flux
                    > and X-Ray Flux have not been updated since November 30.
                    >

                    > 73,
                    >
                    > John
                    >

                    > _____

                  • Dan Schaaf
                    Message 9 of 18 , Dec 5, 2009
                      I also have the same problem. No data.

                      Dan K3ZXL

                      Message 10 of 18 , Dec 5, 2009
                        My data appears up to date and all is working fine. Windows XP Pro....
                        Comcast source

                        Dan Schaaf wrote:

                        > I also have the same problem. No data.
                        >
                        > Dan K3ZXL

                      • James Streible
                        Message 11 of 18 , Dec 5, 2009
                          Well fellows---I must report mine is working now.
                          One computer started working on it's own and in
                          the meantime Alex sent me a new schedule ini
                          by e-mail that I loaded into this computer by replacing
                          the original ini and it is now working.

                          Not being a "Computer Weenie" I have no idea what
                          that is but--it worked.

                          Maybe Alex can put it up in the files section or somewhere
                          and those still having problems can down load and install
                          the new file.

                          Thanks for all the replies to my problem and
                          Thanks to Alex for the fast service.

                          73,

                          Jim K4DLI

                          Message 12 of 18 , Dec 5, 2009
                            NOAA switched from the GOES11 to GOES14 satellite on December 1. The data
                            from this satellite was used for the X-ray and Protons plots on the Week tab
                            in IonoProbe. The updated Schedule.ini file is available on my web site, in
                            the folder from which IonoProbe automatically downloads the schedule every 5
                            days. Therefore, most users already have the new schedule, the rest of them
                            will have it in a couple of days.