Ionoprobe

  • Bob Williams
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 11, 2008
      I have just re installed the DX Atlas suite after upgrading my PC. I
      last ran Ionoprobe back in July at that time I had aurora data download
      problems I now find this is still the case. Despite a reinstall into a
      fresh windows XP Pro. does anyone have an answer? I have looked at
      earlier posts, but either there is nothing, or I have missed it.
      Many thanks G1BCZ.
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 11, 2008
        Bob, I am showing "Aurora = 2" as of an hour ago. Not sure what might be
        blocking your data flow but you might try dumping your Internet
        Browser Cashe just in case it is feeding you some sort of old
        information. It may even be using the old IonoProbe program on you
        without you being aware.

        Bruce,K2BET
        -----------------

        Bob Williams wrote:

        > I have just re installed the DX Atlas suite after upgrading my PC. I
        > last ran Ionoprobe back in July at that time I had aurora data download
        > problems I now find this is still the case. Despite a reinstall into a
        > fresh windows XP Pro. does anyone have an answer? I have looked at
        > earlier posts, but either there is nothing, or I have missed it.
        > Many thanks G1BCZ.

        > http://www.eset.com
      • John T. Fleming
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 11, 2008
          Bruce and Bob,

          I am really stretching my "senior" memory, but I thought there was a new
          config file that we needed to use because of some file location changes. I
          would look at the IonoProbe web sight.

          73,

          John

          _____

          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 11, 2008
            Both of us have that challenge, John, but I think you are correct. I am
            recalling something about that as well.

            bet

            John T. Fleming wrote:

            > Bruce and Bob,
            >
            > I am really stretching my "senior" memory, but I thought there was a new
            > config file that we needed to use because of some file location changes. I
            > would look at the IonoProbe web sight.
            >
            > 73,
            >
            > John
            >
            > _____
            >
            > From: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com

          • Bob Williams
            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 11, 2008
              Hi John and Bruce
              Thanks for the help, I should have looked on the Ionoprobe website
              first. The version I had got was three verions old. I have
              downloaded and installed the latest version, no more problems. I
              should have known that Alex would resolve the aurora problem pretty
              fast.
              Bob
              --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "John T. Fleming" <W3GQJ@...>

              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 11, 2008
                Glad to hear of your success!

                I am trying to get 'Rocky' to work properly with the SoftRock V.8.3 Lite
                receiver. I am not sure how it is supposed to track the USB I2C VFO. I
                seem to be able to get different parts of the bands but nothing seems
                consistent, nor am I able to calibrate to the frequency readout.

                Anyone here familiar with that play field?

                I am rather facinated with the the new SDR kits. I have been able to
                make them work correctly with PowerSDR software but so far not with
                Rocky. What am I doing wrong?

                Bruce, K2BET

                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 11, 2008
                  At 06:49 PM 9/11/2008, K2BET wrote:
                  >Glad to hear of your success!
                  >
                  >I am trying to get 'Rocky' to work properly with the SoftRock V.8.3 Lite
                  > receiver. I am not sure how it is supposed to track the USB I2C VFO. I
                  >seem to be able to get different parts of the bands but nothing seems
                  >consistent, nor am I able to calibrate to the frequency readout.
                  >
                  >Anyone here familiar with that play field?
                  >
                  >I am rather facinated with the the new SDR kits. I have been able to
                  >make them work correctly with PowerSDR software but so far not with
                  >Rocky. What am I doing wrong?

                  Info in the help file is limited:

                  "Install the Si570-USB driver

                  Download the SI570_firmware.zip file from
                  <http://www.mydarc.de/dg8saq/SI570/index.shtml>this web page. The driver
                  files are located in si570\AVR-USB-Driver folder inside the zip. Extract
                  them into a new directory, and connect the Si570 unit to a USB port. When
                  prompted for the driver location, navigate to the extracted files.

                  Once the driver is installed, enable the Si570 support in Rocky by ticking
                  the Use Si570-USB check box in the Settings dialog."

                  However, the 8.3 Lite RX in its basic form does not have a USB
                  connection. The way I used Rocky with it (I now have an SDR-IQ) was to
                  select multi-band on Rocky's DSP tab, and then enter the 8.3 local
                  oscillator frequency for each band in the Rocky.ini, like this:

                  [Bands]
                  1.8_MHz=1846000
                  3.5_MHz=3546000
                  7.0_MHz=7046000
                  14.0_MHz=14046000
                  21.0_MHz=21046000
                  28.0_MHz=28046000

                  You'll need to determine the actual Si570 frequency on each band, to get
                  the frequency calibration correct.

                  73, Pete
                • F6DYA (Alain)
                  Message 8 of 18 , Dec 5, 2009
                    Everything is correct on my side.

                    73
                  • John T. Fleming
                    Message 9 of 18 , Dec 5, 2009
                      I get the "!" when I do old and recent updates. Also the weekly Proton Flux
                      and X-Ray Flux have not been updated since November 30.

                      73,

                      John

                      _____

                        I'm having exactly the same problem. I have tried re-installing to no effect. Looks like the data format has been changed, yet again.
                        Alex Help!!!!
                        Bob G1BCZ

                        --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "John T. Fleming" <john@...> wrote:

                        > I get the "!" when I do old and recent updates. Also the weekly Proton Flux
                        > and X-Ray Flux have not been updated since November 30.
                        >

                        > 73,
                        >
                        > John
                        >

                        > _____

                      • Dan Schaaf
                        Message 11 of 18 , Dec 5, 2009
                          I also have the same problem. No data.

                          Dan K3ZXL

                          Message 12 of 18 , Dec 5, 2009
                            My data appears up to date and all is working fine. Windows XP Pro....
                            Comcast source

                            Dan Schaaf wrote:

                            > I also have the same problem. No data.
                            >
                            > Dan K3ZXL

                          • James Streible
                            Message 13 of 18 , Dec 5, 2009
                              Well fellows---I must report mine is working now.
                              One computer started working on it's own and in
                              the meantime Alex sent me a new schedule ini
                              by e-mail that I loaded into this computer by replacing
                              the original ini and it is now working.

                              Not being a "Computer Weenie" I have no idea what
                              that is but--it worked.

                              Maybe Alex can put it up in the files section or somewhere
                              and those still having problems can down load and install
                              the new file.

                              Thanks for all the replies to my problem and
                              Thanks to Alex for the fast service.

                              73,

                              Jim K4DLI

                              Message 14 of 18 , Dec 5, 2009
                                NOAA switched from the GOES11 to GOES14 satellite on December 1. The data
                                from this satellite was used for the X-ray and Protons plots on the Week tab
                                in IonoProbe. The updated Schedule.ini file is available on my web site, in
                                the folder from which IonoProbe automatically downloads the schedule every 5
                                days. Therefore, most users already have the new schedule, the rest of them
                                will have it in a couple of days.