Re: [dxatlas] Trying Out Skimmer

  • Dan Schaaf
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 4, 2008
      Pete,

      One thing that would be nice is if it could be possible to set CW Skimmer to the Transmit VFO. When trying to bust apileup, I do not want my receive VFO to change frequency when I click on the last call sign that sent 599. In other words if I want to search and pounce on the freq that the DX is listening to, the radio needs to change to that freq when I click on that call sign.

      I RCV on VFO B and transmit on A but B changes according to where I click. If I reverse VFOs then the current RCV VFO changes. Can't find a work-around.

      Best Regards
      Dan Schaaf

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 4, 2008
        Hi Dan,

        AALog integrates with Band Master and puts the callsign in the edit box when
        the spot is clicked. You can tell Band Master to receive spots from the CW
        Skimmer Telnet server, then you will have both cluster spots and Skimmer
        spots to click on.

        73 Alex VE3NEA

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 4, 2008
          Hi Alex

          How do I "tell Band Master to receive spots from the CW
          Skimmer Telnet server " ?

          Best Regards
          Dan Schaaf
          ===============================
          NOBSKA
          www.nobska.net
          ===============================
          Cape Cod Instruments
          www.oceanbiz.net
          ===============================

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 4, 2008
            Add Skimmer's address, e.g., Skimmer=localhost:7300 or
            MySkimmer=127.0.0.1:7300, to the list of cluster servers, (Cluster.lst), and
            select it in the Tools / Telnet Servers dialog. To combine spots from a
            cluster with callsigns from the Skimmer, select one cluster server in the
            list, in addition to the Skimmer server.

            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 4, 2008
              Dan, this really is a question for Alex, but I suspect this is either a
              limitation of Omnirig or else you need to modify the Omnirig .ini file for
              your radio.

              73, Pete