Re: [dxatlas] Trying Out Skimmer

  • Dan Schaaf
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 4, 2008
      Pete

      Details of AALog can be found at www.dxsoft.com , but, at minimum, it directly integrates with Bandmaster, CWType, CWGet andTruetty. Since I have over 6500 QSOs logged in AALog, I plan to stay with it. There is a public beta on the v3.0 AALog if you have already paid for v2.47. v3.0 is very much enhanced to include LOTW confirmations and Grid Square Award Statistics among a long list of other award statistics.

      I don't need the Telnet function since Bandmaster does enuf for me and I am not a contester.

      Primarily I am hoping that CWSkimmer can pull out weak signals in the mud since my hearing gets worse as time goes on. It would be nice to see a "K3ZXL 599 BK" after I reply to a weak signal. Since QSB can really kill a weak sig reply.

      Example: T209DX must be running 100 watts since he is always weak and QRN and QSB make it tough, but I am sure he can hear a KW from me. I just need to know that he has replied to me.

      I will download the Skimmer again since my unreg version is several months old.

      Best Regards
      Dan Schaaf
      ===============================
      NOBSKA
      www.nobska.net
      ===============================
      Cape Cod Instruments
      www.oceanbiz.net
      ===============================
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 4, 2008
        Pete,

        One thing that would be nice is if it could be possible to set CW Skimmer to the Transmit VFO. When trying to bust apileup, I do not want my receive VFO to change frequency when I click on the last call sign that sent 599. In other words if I want to search and pounce on the freq that the DX is listening to, the radio needs to change to that freq when I click on that call sign.

        I RCV on VFO B and transmit on A but B changes according to where I click. If I reverse VFOs then the current RCV VFO changes. Can't find a work-around.

        Best Regards
        Dan Schaaf

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 4, 2008
          Hi Dan,

          AALog integrates with Band Master and puts the callsign in the edit box when
          the spot is clicked. You can tell Band Master to receive spots from the CW
          Skimmer Telnet server, then you will have both cluster spots and Skimmer
          spots to click on.

          73 Alex VE3NEA

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 4, 2008
            Hi Alex

            How do I "tell Band Master to receive spots from the CW
            Skimmer Telnet server " ?

            Best Regards
            Dan Schaaf
            ===============================
            NOBSKA
            www.nobska.net
            ===============================
            Cape Cod Instruments
            www.oceanbiz.net
            ===============================

            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 4, 2008
              Add Skimmer's address, e.g., Skimmer=localhost:7300 or
              MySkimmer=127.0.0.1:7300, to the list of cluster servers, (Cluster.lst), and
              select it in the Tools / Telnet Servers dialog. To combine spots from a
              cluster with callsigns from the Skimmer, select one cluster server in the
              list, in addition to the Skimmer server.

              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 4, 2008
                Dan, this really is a question for Alex, but I suspect this is either a
                limitation of Omnirig or else you need to modify the Omnirig .ini file for
                your radio.

                73, Pete