Re: key recovery

  • Alex Shovkoplyas, VE3NEA
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 18, 2008
      Hi Alex,

      The registration key is stored in the Regisry, under
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Afreet\Faros. You can save it in a file
      using the File / Export / Selected Branch command in RegEdit.exe.

      73 Alex VE3NEA

      > Alex,
      >
      > My laptop that runs Faros is showing signs of falling flat on its
      > face. Is there a way I can recover the registration key before the
      > thing stops working?
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Alex, g7kse

    • g7kse
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 19, 2008
        many thanks. I'll make a copy of it, perhaps on more than one pc (a
        bit of paper might be best!)

        regards

        Alex, g7kse

        --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Shovkoplyas, VE3NEA"
        <alshovk@...> wrote:

        > Hi Alex,
        >
        > The registration key is stored in the Regisry, under
        > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Afreet\Faros. You can save it in a file
        > using the File / Export / Selected Branch command in RegEdit.exe.
        >
        > 73 Alex VE3NEA
        >

        > > Alex,
        > >
        > > My laptop that runs Faros is showing signs of falling flat on
        its
        > > face. Is there a way I can recover the registration key before
        the
        > > thing stops working?
        > >
        > > Thanks
        > >
        > > Alex, g7kse

      • AA0OI
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 19, 2008
          the key is long ,, chances are you will not get it right,,, trust me !! I think that even Alex will agree..
          good luck !!

          Garrett / AA0OI