Re: [dxatlas] key recovery

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 18, 2008
      Probably, Alex, (The Author) will be along soon... but not to worry...
      he keeps a record of the sales and keys that go with them. I am sure he
      can provide it to you should you have to make a transport of the program
      to another system.

      Bruce, K2BET
      ----------------

      AA0OI wrote:

      > Hi Alex:
      > sorry I can't help you with recovery but, try saving all your keys on a
      > flash drive or 3 1/2 floppy then you'll alway have a copy on the side.
      > I have 2 floppies with over 60 different keys on them ( I'm going to put
      > them all on flash dive this week -- usb)
      >
      > CUL
      > Garrett / AA0OI

    • Alex Shovkoplyas, VE3NEA
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 18, 2008
        Hi Alex,

        The registration key is stored in the Regisry, under
        HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Afreet\Faros. You can save it in a file
        using the File / Export / Selected Branch command in RegEdit.exe.

        73 Alex VE3NEA

        > Alex,
        >
        > My laptop that runs Faros is showing signs of falling flat on its
        > face. Is there a way I can recover the registration key before the
        > thing stops working?
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Alex, g7kse

      • g7kse
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 19, 2008
          many thanks. I'll make a copy of it, perhaps on more than one pc (a
          bit of paper might be best!)

          regards

          Alex, g7kse

          --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Shovkoplyas, VE3NEA"
          <alshovk@...> wrote:

          > Hi Alex,
          >
          > The registration key is stored in the Regisry, under
          > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Afreet\Faros. You can save it in a file
          > using the File / Export / Selected Branch command in RegEdit.exe.
          >
          > 73 Alex VE3NEA
          >

          > > Alex,
          > >
          > > My laptop that runs Faros is showing signs of falling flat on
          its
          > > face. Is there a way I can recover the registration key before
          the
          > > thing stops working?
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > >
          > > Alex, g7kse

        • AA0OI
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 19, 2008
            the key is long ,, chances are you will not get it right,,, trust me !! I think that even Alex will agree..
            good luck !!

            Garrett / AA0OI