Re: [dxatlas] key recovery

  • AA0OI
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 18, 2008
      Hi Alex:
      sorry I can't help you with recovery but, try saving all your keys on a flash drive or 3 1/2 floppy then you'll alway have a copy on the side.  I have 2 floppies with over 60 different keys on them ( I'm going to put them all on flash dive this week -- usb)

       CUL
      Garrett / AA0OI

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 18, 2008
        Probably, Alex, (The Author) will be along soon... but not to worry...
        he keeps a record of the sales and keys that go with them. I am sure he
        can provide it to you should you have to make a transport of the program
        to another system.

        Bruce, K2BET
        ----------------

        AA0OI wrote:

        > Hi Alex:
        > sorry I can't help you with recovery but, try saving all your keys on a
        > flash drive or 3 1/2 floppy then you'll alway have a copy on the side.
        > I have 2 floppies with over 60 different keys on them ( I'm going to put
        > them all on flash dive this week -- usb)
        >
        > CUL
        > Garrett / AA0OI

      • Alex Shovkoplyas, VE3NEA
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 18, 2008
          Hi Alex,

          The registration key is stored in the Regisry, under
          HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Afreet\Faros. You can save it in a file
          using the File / Export / Selected Branch command in RegEdit.exe.

          73 Alex VE3NEA

          > Alex,
          >
          > My laptop that runs Faros is showing signs of falling flat on its
          > face. Is there a way I can recover the registration key before the
          > thing stops working?
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > Alex, g7kse

        • g7kse
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 19, 2008
            many thanks. I'll make a copy of it, perhaps on more than one pc (a
            bit of paper might be best!)

            regards

            Alex, g7kse

            --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Shovkoplyas, VE3NEA"
            <alshovk@...> wrote:

            > Hi Alex,
            >
            > The registration key is stored in the Regisry, under
            > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Afreet\Faros. You can save it in a file
            > using the File / Export / Selected Branch command in RegEdit.exe.
            >
            > 73 Alex VE3NEA
            >

            > > Alex,
            > >
            > > My laptop that runs Faros is showing signs of falling flat on
            its
            > > face. Is there a way I can recover the registration key before
            the
            > > thing stops working?
            > >
            > > Thanks
            > >
            > > Alex, g7kse

          • AA0OI
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 19, 2008
              the key is long ,, chances are you will not get it right,,, trust me !! I think that even Alex will agree..
              good luck !!

              Garrett / AA0OI