key recovery

  • g7kse
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 18 12:51 AM
      Alex,

      My laptop that runs Faros is showing signs of falling flat on its
      face. Is there a way I can recover the registration key before the
      thing stops working?

      Thanks

      Alex, g7kse
    • AA0OI
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 18 4:35 AM
        Hi Alex:
        sorry I can't help you with recovery but, try saving all your keys on a flash drive or 3 1/2 floppy then you'll alway have a copy on the side.  I have 2 floppies with over 60 different keys on them ( I'm going to put them all on flash dive this week -- usb)

         CUL
        Garrett / AA0OI

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 18 5:37 AM
          Probably, Alex, (The Author) will be along soon... but not to worry...
          he keeps a record of the sales and keys that go with them. I am sure he
          can provide it to you should you have to make a transport of the program
          to another system.

          Bruce, K2BET
          ----------------

          AA0OI wrote:

          > Hi Alex:
          > sorry I can't help you with recovery but, try saving all your keys on a
          > flash drive or 3 1/2 floppy then you'll alway have a copy on the side.
          > I have 2 floppies with over 60 different keys on them ( I'm going to put
          > them all on flash dive this week -- usb)
          >
          > CUL
          > Garrett / AA0OI

        • Alex Shovkoplyas, VE3NEA
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 18 6:11 AM
            Hi Alex,

            The registration key is stored in the Regisry, under
            HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Afreet\Faros. You can save it in a file
            using the File / Export / Selected Branch command in RegEdit.exe.

            73 Alex VE3NEA

            > Alex,
            >
            > My laptop that runs Faros is showing signs of falling flat on its
            > face. Is there a way I can recover the registration key before the
            > thing stops working?
            >
            > Thanks
            >
            > Alex, g7kse

          • g7kse
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 19 2:30 AM
              many thanks. I'll make a copy of it, perhaps on more than one pc (a
              bit of paper might be best!)

              regards

              Alex, g7kse

              --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Shovkoplyas, VE3NEA"
              <alshovk@...> wrote:

              > Hi Alex,
              >
              > The registration key is stored in the Regisry, under
              > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Afreet\Faros. You can save it in a file
              > using the File / Export / Selected Branch command in RegEdit.exe.
              >
              > 73 Alex VE3NEA
              >

              > > Alex,
              > >
              > > My laptop that runs Faros is showing signs of falling flat on
              its
              > > face. Is there a way I can recover the registration key before
              the
              > > thing stops working?
              > >
              > > Thanks
              > >
              > > Alex, g7kse

            • AA0OI
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 19 5:33 AM
                the key is long ,, chances are you will not get it right,,, trust me !! I think that even Alex will agree..
                good luck !!

                Garrett / AA0OI