Re: New soft: DX Bulletin Reader 1.0

  • jeraldvolpe
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 17, 2008
      Alex, what a cool idea. Downloaded and installed.

      I've been downloading and printing out several of these bulletins each
      and every week (a thick 3-ring binder)... just think of all the trees
      you have saved!

      Question: Is there anyway to link BandMaster's country needed list
      with the needed list in DX Bulletin Reader? I've looked at the list
      files and they are not formatted exactly the same. Would be really
      nice if I didn't have to keep these manually synchronized.

      Kudos!

      73,
      Jerry, KG6TT
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 18, 2008
        Hi Jerry,

        The next version of Band Master will use the same format of the Needed list
        as Bulletin Reader, and the two programs will share the lists.

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 19, 2008
          Hi Alex,

          Are you planning QS1R support within Band Master similar to CW
          Skimmer? I'm pretty much 99% QS1R in my shack now and have most of
          your applications in use one way or the other. Any other QS1R plans
          in the works? Just curious. Tks.

          Grady
          WE4S

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 19, 2008
            Hi Grady,

            QS1R does not have a hardware CAT interface, so I am not sure how Band
            Master can control it. Perhaps it could talk to the software that comes with
            QS1R, but such interface would be application-specific.

            I would like to use QS1R as my main receiver, but I am not sure how to
            integrate it into my station: TR switching, front end protection, etc. If
            you have solved these problems, please share your experience with me.

            Are you planning QS1R support within Band Master similar to CW
            Skimmer? I'm pretty much 99% QS1R in my shack now and have most of
            your applications in use one way or the other. Any other QS1R plans
            in the works? Just curious. Tks.

            Grady
            WE4S

            > Hi Jerry,
            >
            > The next version of Band Master will use the same format of the
            Needed list
            > as Bulletin Reader, and the two programs will share the lists.

          • Harold Aaron
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 5, 2008
              Hi Alex. Using DX Bulletin Reader and it is great. On two occasions now
              the Needed List has reset to All. Have you seen this before? Any
              suggestions?

              Best 73, Hank WB4ROA

              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 5, 2008
                Hi Hank,

                The Needed lists are stored in the
                "Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Afreet\UserData"
                folder as WkdAdif.lst and WkdIota.lst. Note that <username> is your current
                user name in Windows. Therefore, if you log in under a different name, you
                will not see your Needed files. Also, if these files are deleted for any
                reason, of if the OS does not allow the program to read them, the program
                will create blank lists.