New soft: DX Bulletin Reader 1.0

  • Alex Shovkoplyas, VE3NEA
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 16, 2008
      I have released DX Bulletin Reader, a tool for viewing, archiving, and
      searching the DX news bulletins. This freeware program is available at
      http://www.dxatlas.com/bullread/

      73 Alex VE3NEA
    • jeraldvolpe
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 17, 2008
        Alex, what a cool idea. Downloaded and installed.

        I've been downloading and printing out several of these bulletins each
        and every week (a thick 3-ring binder)... just think of all the trees
        you have saved!

        Question: Is there anyway to link BandMaster's country needed list
        with the needed list in DX Bulletin Reader? I've looked at the list
        files and they are not formatted exactly the same. Would be really
        nice if I didn't have to keep these manually synchronized.

        Kudos!

        73,
        Jerry, KG6TT
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 18, 2008
          Hi Jerry,

          The next version of Band Master will use the same format of the Needed list
          as Bulletin Reader, and the two programs will share the lists.

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 19, 2008
            Hi Alex,

            Are you planning QS1R support within Band Master similar to CW
            Skimmer? I'm pretty much 99% QS1R in my shack now and have most of
            your applications in use one way or the other. Any other QS1R plans
            in the works? Just curious. Tks.

            Grady
            WE4S

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 19, 2008
              Hi Grady,

              QS1R does not have a hardware CAT interface, so I am not sure how Band
              Master can control it. Perhaps it could talk to the software that comes with
              QS1R, but such interface would be application-specific.

              I would like to use QS1R as my main receiver, but I am not sure how to
              integrate it into my station: TR switching, front end protection, etc. If
              you have solved these problems, please share your experience with me.

              Are you planning QS1R support within Band Master similar to CW
              Skimmer? I'm pretty much 99% QS1R in my shack now and have most of
              your applications in use one way or the other. Any other QS1R plans
              in the works? Just curious. Tks.

              Grady
              WE4S

              > Hi Jerry,
              >
              > The next version of Band Master will use the same format of the
              Needed list
              > as Bulletin Reader, and the two programs will share the lists.

            • Harold Aaron
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 5, 2008
                Hi Alex. Using DX Bulletin Reader and it is great. On two occasions now
                the Needed List has reset to All. Have you seen this before? Any
                suggestions?

                Best 73, Hank WB4ROA

                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 5, 2008
                  Hi Hank,

                  The Needed lists are stored in the
                  "Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Afreet\UserData"
                  folder as WkdAdif.lst and WkdIota.lst. Note that <username> is your current
                  user name in Windows. Therefore, if you log in under a different name, you
                  will not see your Needed files. Also, if these files are deleted for any
                  reason, of if the OS does not allow the program to read them, the program
                  will create blank lists.