974Re: FT2000, use second RX with Faros...?

  • Marijan Miletic
    Jul 30, 2008
      Hi Dave,

      It is not cool to read 7,6 MB manual :-) I got FT-1000 MP and did
      some mods to it. Following DH1TW and YU1LM ideas, I built 455 kHz IF
      3 IC SDR using 5,6 MHz XO, 74LS164 six FF for div by 12 with I/Q
      output, 73HC5053 for QSD and RX1/RX2 IF input selection, NE5532 OPA
      preamp. Additional NE612 mixer was built for main RX in order to get
      wideband (12 kHz) output at standard 455 kHz. RX2 antenna is passed
      thru RF relay enabling free selection of any band with appropriate
      BPF and MAR-8 preamp.

      VE3NEA FT1K driver was modified for MP2 version which swaps main and
      secondary equal VFO-A and VFO-B strings within 32 buyes standard
      reply. I also use YU1LM DR2A with 7 x 16 MHz CO divided y 2/4/8 for
      all contest CW bands initial segments. 15 m sampling is done with 40
      m clock.

      I immensly enjoy Skimmer after annoyance with intentionally bad DX
      Cluster spots. CU this weekend in busy EU HF Championship!

      73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU, MSc EE retired

      --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Baxter" <dave@...> wrote:

      > OK, not cool to answer my own question...
      >
      > But the info might prevent anyone else from making a similar
      > assumption/mistake.
      >
      > It seems (after reading the downloaded manual (all 7.6 meg of it)
      and
      > asking my friend to try a thing or three) that the FT 2000 Sub RX,
      can
      > only tune to other frequencies in the same band as the main RX.
      So, no
      > use for Faros then sadly, he's going to have to bite the bullet, and
      > find another RX/Radio if he wants an indipendant RX for Faros (or
      > anything else...)
      >
      > Cheers All, you can stand down now....
      >
      > Dave G0WBX.

      RX?...

      > > It seems there is a separate AF output from the second/sub
      > > RX, does anyone know if it is possible to remote control the
      > > second/sub RX for use with Faros, while the operator uses the
      > > main RX for other things?
      > > There are I'm told two independent antenna connections, other
      > > than that, I know little of this radio...
      > >
      > > I realise if they go to TX, the second/sub RX will go quiet
      > > (will it ?) ... But I've been asked by a friend with one of
      > > these if it is possible to use it with Faros, while he uses
      > > the rest of the rig normally.
      > >
      > > I intend to get the manual from him, or download a copy, but
      > > thought I'd ask here first, just in case...
      > >
      > > Cheers All..
      > >
      > > Dave G0WBX.
      >

      > This mail has been scanned by Palmer Cook Computer Services
      Limited. www.palmercook.co.uk

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic