93Re: [dxatlas] Omni-Rig with FT897

  • digitaleli
    Sep 14 4:12 PM
      I sent you a email. I cannot get the rig to see it. From the
      betatest.txt a couple things don't make sense. First off, it says:

      CONFIGURATION

      1. Start Client.exe.
      2. Click on the Open Dialog button.
      3. Select rig type and set com port parameters. Do not change Poll
      Int. and Timeout.

      Ok, how can you do step 3 if the FT 897 isn't a rig type....?

      Next we have:

      TESTING

      1. Turn off the rig, start Client.exe.
      DONE.

      2. Check the Rig Type and Status labels on the upper panel. The
      correct rig type should be displayed, and the status should be 'Rig
      is not responding'.
      RIG TYPE IS NOT DISPLAYED, THE 897 DOES NOT EXIST. STATUS IS RIG NOT
      RESPONDING.

      3. Check the Parameters panel. A color box to the left of each
      parameter should be black if the rig has a command for reading this
      parameter, and gray otherwise.
      CORRECT.

      The Set button to the right of the parameter name should be grayed if
      the rig does not have a command for setting this parameter. Compare
      the state of boxes and buttons to the list of commands in the
      transceiver's manual.
      ....?

      4. Turn your rig on. The Status label should change to 'On-line'.
      DOES NOT HAPPEN.

      If another application is using the selected com port, the status
      should be, 'Port is not available'. When you close that application,
      the status should change to 'On-line' immediately.
      DOES NOT HAPPEN.

      Compare the state of the color boxes to the actual state of the rig.
      ....?

      5. Using the controls of the transceiver's front panel, change each
      of the supported parameters and see if the changes are reflected in
      the program.
      OK THIS DOESNT MATTER BECAUSE THE PROGRAM DOESNT SEE THE TRANSCEIVER.

      6. Change each parameter wit the Set button and see if the state of
      the transceiver changes accordingly.
      AGAIN, WE ARE NOT EVEN PAST THIS POINT..

      7. Start two or three copies of Client.exe and see if they have
      simultaneous access to the rig.
      WOULD LOVE TO!

      Ideas/help?!

      73

      --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Alex, VE3NEA" <alshovk@d...>
      wrote:
      > Hi Eli,
      >
      > I have the Operating Manual for FT-897 non-D. If you are willing to
      do a
      > full step-by-step test of Omni-Rig with your transceiver as
      described in
      > http://www.dxatlas.com/omnirig/BetaTest.txt , please reply
      privately to my
      > email. I will develop the ini file and send it to you for testing,
      then you
      > will send me the test log, and I will correct the ini. Several
      iterations of
      > testing/correction may be required. Upon successful completion of
      the
      > FT-897.ini development you will receive a free registration of Band
      Master.

      Yaesu FT-
      > > 897? Not 897D, just 897. Let me know if I can help! Thanks
      alot.

      > > KC0RDG
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic