93Re: [dxatlas] Omni-Rig with FT897
- Sep 14 4:12 PMI sent you a email. I cannot get the rig to see it. From the
betatest.txt a couple things don't make sense. First off, it says:
1. Start Client.exe.
2. Click on the Open Dialog button.
3. Select rig type and set com port parameters. Do not change Poll
Int. and Timeout.
Ok, how can you do step 3 if the FT 897 isn't a rig type....?
Next we have:
1. Turn off the rig, start Client.exe.
2. Check the Rig Type and Status labels on the upper panel. The
correct rig type should be displayed, and the status should be 'Rig
is not responding'.
RIG TYPE IS NOT DISPLAYED, THE 897 DOES NOT EXIST. STATUS IS RIG NOT
3. Check the Parameters panel. A color box to the left of each
parameter should be black if the rig has a command for reading this
parameter, and gray otherwise.
The Set button to the right of the parameter name should be grayed if
the rig does not have a command for setting this parameter. Compare
the state of boxes and buttons to the list of commands in the
4. Turn your rig on. The Status label should change to 'On-line'.
DOES NOT HAPPEN.
If another application is using the selected com port, the status
should be, 'Port is not available'. When you close that application,
the status should change to 'On-line' immediately.
DOES NOT HAPPEN.
Compare the state of the color boxes to the actual state of the rig.
5. Using the controls of the transceiver's front panel, change each
of the supported parameters and see if the changes are reflected in
OK THIS DOESNT MATTER BECAUSE THE PROGRAM DOESNT SEE THE TRANSCEIVER.
6. Change each parameter wit the Set button and see if the state of
the transceiver changes accordingly.
AGAIN, WE ARE NOT EVEN PAST THIS POINT..
7. Start two or three copies of Client.exe and see if they have
simultaneous access to the rig.
WOULD LOVE TO!
--- In email@example.com, "Alex, VE3NEA" <alshovk@d...>
> Hi Eli,do a
> I have the Operating Manual for FT-897 non-D. If you are willing to
> full step-by-step test of Omni-Rig with your transceiver asdescribed in
> http://www.dxatlas.com/omnirig/BetaTest.txt , please replyprivately to my
> email. I will develop the ini file and send it to you for testing,then you
> will send me the test log, and I will correct the ini. Severaliterations of
> testing/correction may be required. Upon successful completion ofthe
> FT-897.ini development you will receive a free registration of BandMaster.
> 73 Alex VE3NEA
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "digitaleli" <digitaleli@y...>
> To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Sent: Monday, September 13, 2004 10:44
> Subject: [dxatlas] Omni-Rig with FT897
> > What would you need from me to get Omni-Rig to work with the
> > 897? Not 897D, just 897. Let me know if I can help! Thanksalot.
> > KC0RDG
> > Yahoo! Groups Links
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>