913[dxatlas] Re: Omni rig feature request

  • Barry GM3YEH
    Jul 5, 2008
      Hi Bruce,
      It's pretty straightforward to do the IF tap. The 2nd IF of my old
      IC751A is at 9010.6 kHz on CW so I got a 30m v6.2 Softrock from Tony
      and replaced the supplied xtal for a cheap 12 MHz one to get the SR
      down a bit. No other mods were made to the SR. I tapped the 2nd IF
      and initially fed it to the SR via a simple potential
      divider/capacitor gain control. I now have a Clifton Labs Z10000 as
      a buffer. If you need some more details then please contact me by
      direct e-mail and I'll let you know anything else that might help.
      73 de Barry GM3YEH

      --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Tanner <bet110@...>
      wrote:

      > Barry, what is involved in modifying Softrock as an IF feature
      with your
      > rig. I'd like to do this eventually but have not really seen what
      the
      > mods are for it. I currently have the 40 meter Softrock Lite which
      is
      > just about to get the first smoke test. I think that unit is
      modifiable
      > to use in the IF mode. Thanks for any info or URL you might have
      with
      > this info.
      >
      > Bruce, K2BET
      > ------------------
      >
      > Barry GM3YEH wrote:
      > >
      > > Pete - I'm running my Softrock/CW Skimmer setup in IF mode as you
      > > suspected. This let's me use the system on all bands by simply
      > > changing band on the rig (I can also change band from N1MM [or
      > > HRD]). When I change bands the Softrock/CW Skimmer system
      follows.
      > > The QRG is picked up from the rig CAT and passed to both
      > > applications to maintain full rig/CW Skimmer/N1MM frequency sync.
      > > 73 de Barry GM3YEH
      > >
      > > --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
      > > <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>, Pete Smith <n4zr@>
      wrote:

      > > > Well, I have it going, and it seems to work FB. Many thanks for
      > > the
      > > > info. Alas alas, as I should have realized, it is not useful
      for
      > > what I
      > > > want to do, which is to click on a trace in Skimmer and have it
      > > move my
      > > > radio to that frequency. The problem is that I am using a
      > > standalone fixed
      > > > frequency SoftRock, and in that mode Omnirig is not active, for
      > > obvious
      > > > reasons. I think I'll ask Alex if something might be worked out
      > > to have
      > > > Omnirig active only in "Skimmer sends to radio" mode, to enable
      > > the
      > > > clicking without having Skimmer try to follow my radio.
      > > >
      > > > 73, Pete

      > > http://www.eset.com

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic