912[dxatlas] Re: Omni rig feature request

  • bill_w4zv
    Jul 5, 2008
      --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "rt_tclay" <rt_clay@...> wrote:

      > I'm still hoping the bandwidth in Softrock-IF mode will get opened up
      > :) I recently installed a 192KHz capable sound card, but still only
      > ~20 KHz in IF mode.

      Me too but Alex told me this is unlikely to happen. BTW I believe
      it's actually 24 kHz in Softrock-IF. Although that BW is not visible
      on the waterfall I believe Skimmer still captures calls over the 24
      khz span.

      What you guys have discussing (virtual COM ports) is also being done
      by N8LP as LP-Bridge (about 1/4 page down from top):

      http://www.telepostinc.com/LP-PAN.html

      "Here is the first cut at the LP-Bridge program. It will do several
      things. 1) It will provide a method of allowing several applications
      to simultaneously share bidirectional communications with the K3 by
      creating virtual ports for the other applications to connect to... 2)
      It will provide a means to obtain offset data from the K3, and pass it
      along to WU2X's IF Stage version of PowerSDR... 3) It provides a
      convenient way to implement point-and-click tuning from PowerSDR /IF
      Stage by providing an extensive direct DDE interface to PowerSDR. Here
      are some reduced size screen grabs. Views are normal, normal with K3
      status and setup / diagnostic view."

      73, Bill
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic